• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I'm wondering if there's more to this story. Apparently, the gun was loaded because of the felony charge. Stupid move, gramps.

https://local.nixle.com/alert/5471386/

There was an article in the Star about it the other day, the Grandpa says he was set up as part of an ongoing custody dispute. Of course that is no excuse for his behavior, but it does explain why there are photographs and why the police are involved.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    There was an article in the Star about it the other day, the Grandpa says he was set up as part of an ongoing custody dispute. Of course that is no excuse for his behavior, but it does explain why there are photographs and why the police are involved.

That would do it.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I was thinking the grandpa took the pic for the kid and then someone found it and used it to blow up the mentioned custody battle.
    Yeah this sounds more likely the way it could have happened but still, as was mentioned already, there's no excuse for gramps to point the weapon like he did. Stupid, stupid move and he should have known better.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I was thinking the grandpa took the pic for the kid and then someone found it and used it to blow up the mentioned custody battle.

I don't see the kid in the picture, or grampa's other hand.
    It almost looks like it could be what's now known as a "selfie".
    Where is the proof that the child was ever endangered?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Grandpa's got his tongue out. Every dad-blamed REAL AMERICAN knows that when an old man is operating electronics, his tongue comes out.

It's a selfie, plain and simple.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...Where is the proof that the child was ever endangered?

Why do they need proof that the child was endangered? The charge is for "Pointing a firearm" with the felony stinger for it being loaded. No endangering necessary...though I would say that, generally speaking, pointing a loaded gun is dangerous.

Selfie? Maybe, maybe not. Trumped up? Maybe, but that's what trials are for. Kid tells the cops: "gramps pointed a loaded gun at me and I took this picture of it"...I'm thinking that they should look into it and charge if there is PC.

Discovery should reveal when the pic was taken and on whose camera/phone it originated.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Because for all we know he could be taking a new OG Facebook profile photo with the image they have supplied. Quite a liberal use of the word "allegedly" in the article too.
    But wasn't it the kid that stated the picture was taken at school in the car? Even if it was a Facebook photo IMHO it was stupid, I am sure I'll flamed with "what's illegal about it, or do you like telling others what to do, etc, etc", but if you lead with your face don't whine when it gets punched (directed at the person in the picture).

mondomojo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2015
    India-no-place
    Pawpaw was stoopid and reckless. To me the biggest offense he committed was bringing that firearm onto school property. Now that is a crime all unto itself!

Top Bottom