• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well. Like the title says I just got bit. A little over a month ago I got my first 1911. SR1911. LOVE it. Shoots great nice fit and finish. So I'm in my LGS today wanting to look at an AR platform they have on sale....and in the case is a lightly used Springfield 1911 THAT I JUST GOTTA HAVE.....Sigh. Didn't even look at the AR. Took home a Springfield 1911 and got the funniest look from my wife when she said..Din't you go to get a rifle? That box is pretty small for a rifle. Yep. She's been around long enough to know the difference and not give me any #$%& over my addiction. Think I'll keep this one. Think I'll keep the wife too. :D

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If you read it is common knowledge that 1 1911 is too many for good reason. 6 is not enough....ask me how I know. Go ahead, ask.....:)

Which springer did you get....:dunno:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    1911''s, you either get them or you're a communist.

That's why I'm trying to sell/trade off a perfectly good hi-capacity compact .45 pistol for another 1911. What is wrong with me? Not a damn thing!

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Well, you fell in the rabbit hole with that first 1911. You can get therapy but it won't help a thing. You'll see the tiny nuances in the 1911s and have a taste of all of them. It seems there's no limit to the withdrawals or cravings on the damned things.
    Don't ask me how I know.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'd have a hard time passing up a $449 Springfield too. That's a heck of a lot of gun for that money. The 1911 addiction is rarely cured. It goes away for a while for some, but sooner or later, it comes back with a vengeance. I thought I was over it last summer when I was into Glocks but it bit hard again last November. I've added three to the collection since then and may need to go buy another Glock just to cool the fire a bit. I don't want another Glock, but I find that every time I buy one, I swear I'll not throw money away on guns again and that keeps me from buying anything for at least 3 months.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK I'll ask. How many?

And I picked up the GI version with box, papers and extra mag for 449. :cool:

The limit is only set by your budget........:)

I have had as many as 20 at one time and as few as 1. 6 to 8 seems to be just enough to keep me out of total withdrawals. Even then it is a rotating inventory. Sell 1, buy 1 (or 2) and soup it (or them) up. Shoot them. Repeat.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'd have a hard time passing up a $449 Springfield too. That's a heck of a lot of gun for that money. The 1911 addiction is rarely cured. It goes away for a while for some, but sooner or later, it comes back with a vengeance. I thought I was over it last summer when I was into Glocks but it bit hard again last November. I've added three to the collection since then and may need to go buy another Glock just to cool the fire a bit. I don't want another Glock, but I find that every time I buy one, I swear I'll not throw money away on guns again and that keeps me from buying anything for at least 3 months.

When I pick up a Glock the feeling in my hand goes away and I drop it. Just kidding but I do have to wash my hand right away to keep the rash away. Just kidding.

Top Bottom