• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock10MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    And I picked up the GI version with box, papers and extra mag for 449. :cool:

Not bad, congrats!

That's why I didn't even go to the AR's. Just looked at the guy behind the counter, muttered something I won't repeat under my breath and told him I'll take it. Another employee walks past right then and says "that didn't take long, we just put it in the case".

Sigh

I have done that many times. There always seems to be a deal.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Well. Like the title says I just got bit. A little over a month ago I got my first 1911. SR1911. LOVE it. Shoots great nice fit and finish. So I'm in my LGS today wanting to look at an AR platform they have on sale....and in the case is a lightly used Springfield 1911 THAT I JUST GOTTA HAVE.....Sigh. Didn't even look at the AR. Took home a Springfield 1911 and got the funniest look from my wife when she said..Din't you go to get a rifle? That box is pretty small for a rifle. Yep. She's been around long enough to know the difference and not give me any #$%& over my addiction. Think I'll keep this one. Think I'll keep the wife too. :D
    Cool! An AR or a 1911 are both worth having...you'll get the AR soon I'm sure. Any pics? :dunno:

Glock10MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    We need a support group.

Hello, my name is Tom and I am addicted to 1911's.......... Hi Tom, how dies it feel when you buy another 1911? IT IS BETTER THAN SEX!

If so, you might be doing something wrong..... Just saying.

LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm sorry lionweight I didn't mean to get you addicted. I am glad that ruger is getting used though!

Yep. The Ruger started it. I'm completely happy with it and hope you are too.

Now if only I could find that kind of deal on a 686 I'd be in heaven. Still cry when I think of how I had to get rid of the one I used to shoot competition with when I was in the military. Once I got out it took awhile to find a job and had to let it go to cover rent.:crying:
    :crying:

LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    Cool! An AR or a 1911 are both worth having...you'll get the AR soon I'm sure. Any pics? :dunno:

asset.php

Here's my new baby.

Last edited:

DSmith78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Indiana
    ive gotten the 1911 bug myself. actually looking at a few, I like the ruger sr1911, colt stainless looks nice and also been looking at a colt defender for a more compact 1911. some of the sigs look nice too. I liked the kimbers until i held them at the nra convention, they just dont seem to fit me quite right, even though they do seem like a quality piece. smith and wesson has a sw1911 from their custom shop, its stainless with black and blue grip i like puts its pretty pricey.

Top Bottom