• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    My wife is pregnant and craving steak. I would prefer to avoid downtown Indy. I was going to go to Little Zagrab in Bloomington, but there is a big festival this weekend and going there is a bad idea. Any ideas?

thanks
    Jason

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Fogo de Chao makes the the headache of downtown worth it. Expensive but heavenly. I haaaaate going downtown but would everyday if it meant Fogo de Chao :)

Damn you! You had to remind me. Now I'm craving.

He is right. Not only some of the best steak, but you get like 16 different cuts to choose from in 3 levels of doneness, all you can eat. Its Brazilian style steakhouse, so you have a two sided drink coaster, one red, one green. When you are ready for heaven, flip it green side up. As the gauchos wander past your table with 3' skewers of various cuts, they will ask what doneness you want. they slice off a couple bites worth and move on. A few moments later, another fellow will be by with a different cut. Lather, rinse, repeat until you are uncomfortable. At that time flip your coaster to red and they quit stopping by. If you feel like another go, back to green and here they come!

On top of that they have an amazing salad bar with an ungodly amount of things from simple salad greens, to smoked fish, to pickled stuff.

One of the most amazing meals I have ever had in my life. As you leave, two words... MEAT COMA.

There is a parking garage directly across the street, so its easy.

IUprof

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Fort Worth

He is right. Not only some of the best steak, but you get like 16 different cuts to choose from in 3 levels of doneness, all you can eat. Its Brazilian style steakhouse, so you have a two sided drink coaster, one red, one green. When you are ready for heaven, flip it green side up. As the gauchos wander past your table with 3' skewers of various cuts, they will ask what doneness you want. they slice off a couple bites worth and move on. A few moments later, another fellow will be by with a different cut. Lather, rinse, repeat until you are uncomfortable. At that time flip your coaster to red and they quit stopping by. If you feel like another go, back to green and here they come!

On top of that they have an amazing salad bar with an ungodly amount of things from simple salad greens, to smoked fish, to pickled stuff.

One of the most amazing meals I have ever had in my life. As you leave, two words... MEAT COMA.

OH MAN! I love Fogo de Chao. I've been to several around the country and even in Brazil. Unfortunately my wife thinks it's "too much meat". Is that even possible?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    OH MAN! I love Fogo de Chao. I've been to several around the country and even in Brazil. Unfortunately my wife thinks it's "too much meat". Is that even possible?

Not possible. Tell her she can either eat less meat, or simply choose to only get the salad bar.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Unfortunately my wife thinks it's "too much meat". Is that even possible?

I feel for you... thankfully my wife LOVES meat... she always waits until I go out of town and then she eats steaks without me... when I grill she is certain that I grill enough for leftovers for her. And she is always happy when she gets a nice, big pork chop, cheeseburger, or steak...

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Bynum's on Meridian just north of Hanna. Texas Roadhouse is pretty good for a chain.

Edit: I didn't notice you're in Paragon. The Martinsville Bynum's is much closer.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    For a good steak and lots of other good choices you might try Charbono's in Avon. Not too far from Plainfield and always a good meal. They are owned by the same guy that owns Mesh on Mass, Stone Creek, Boulder Creek, Bru and a few others.

Bowman78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    Camby
    I will second stone creek and also in greenwood there is a place called la trattoria that is also and excellent place for a steak..

Bonkers4Bacon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Fields of Green

OP, if you read what Cameramonkey just said then I imagine you are already on your way downtown. Also I didn't do Fogo justice, as I forgot to mention the salad bar. Its amazing. You're thinking "Salad? Really? at a Brazilian steak house?" but trust us, it has something for everybody. Its huge. Aw geez, now I'm salivating

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    St. Elmo's has a good steak but it's downtown.

I would recommend Bynum's. Our own kawtech87 works at the one in Martinsville.

Top Bottom