Greenwood Kroger cop plays intimidation card, draws no response.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Essentially, if someone were to come in and rob the place, I'd be the first person they take out.

Moron musings.

Lets not "take the robber out" lets take out the citizen commiting no crime.:rolleyes:

Clean up asile 1 please, IMPD officer left a pile of :poop:.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I just puked in my mouth. no it is not legal for him to take your gun. and his views on OC well, i wont even get started on that. What a fool. did you get his name? im gonna go shop there and OC and maybe even strap my AK on my back while I shop. anyone wanna have an OC shopping even at that kroger? evenings are best for me.

I triple dog dare you to do this!

Do it today, and while you're there, get me a bag of fresh spinach. I ran out this morning.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'd be in for an OC at Kroger, but bear in mind that they ARE anti 2a. They are known for donating gift cards (at a discounted rate) to gun buy back programs, etc... even though they publicly deny being anti. A quick google search will yield quite a few stories about it out of Texas.

While I was there, I walked right by the store manager in the back while he was straightening things up. I've OC'd Kroger for years now, and I've not once had a bad encounter.

I guess they passively are anti-gun, until the right officer is in the store.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    ... etc... and that even if someone was unarmed they could overpower me and get my gun if they wanted to, and he could to. ...

... in the movies or on TV. If any one believed that crap made sense all the cops would throw down their guns as soon as the bad guy shows up so they could take full advantage of the unarmed hero movie tactical advantage.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    HUGE UPDATE

So, I go back to Kroger tonight. I don't see him initially, but when I finish my shopping, he's at the front standing at the door. So apparently he does work this specific Kroger.

I checkout behind a lady that is VERY slow, right in front of him. I look at him, and I think he glances a couple times. He doesn't seem interested. I'm done and on my way out, he doesn't mind.

I turn around, and approach him.

"Were you here a couple nights ago?"
    He just nods
    "Did you... I mean, why didn't you just ask me for my license?"
    "You're wondering why I followed you?"
    "The way you handled it, I felt uncomfortable."
    "Well carrying like that, you make a lot more people uncomfortable."
    I chuckled at this, and explained that I oftentimes get very positive and good conversations.

So, I'm just standing there listening. I'm going to paraphrase because it's all jumbled in my head (happened about 10 minutes ago). Essentially, if someone were to come in and rob the place, I'd be the first person they take out. He said legally he could have taken my handgun until I could prove it was mine. He highly disagrees with OC, and said if he didn't have to OC, he wouldn't.

He said he followed me to just make sure that I don't do anything, etc... and that even if someone was unarmed they could overpower me and get my gun if they wanted to, and he could to. I say "Well yeah, you're trained for that..." and he says there are people far more trained than him out there.

He kept pointing at mine when he said "carrying like that", and how tactically, it's a huge disadvantage, don't want anyone to know you're carrying, and that he knows it's my right to carry and protect my life, my family, my property, etc. He said day one at Police academy, they say "Never Open Carry".

Now, I feel better having talked to the officer. He seemed like a very nice guy. I disagree with some of his opinions and views, but I do appreciate him taking the time to explain why he did what he did.

That's good to hear!

I don't agree with the officer, but I think its cool you guys discussed your positions in a civil manner. +1 for civil society!

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    ... in the movies or on TV. If any one believed that crap made sense all the cops would throw down their guns as soon as the bad guy shows up so they could take full advantage of the unarmed hero movie tactical advantage.
    When I first read this thread...Jack was the first person I thought of...because I respect his no nonsense, direct approach to things. He reminds me of an old hero of mine...

archie-bunker.jpg

And I mean that quite respectfully. But I wondered if he'd have been intimidated by someone following him too closely.

Jack, how would you have handled the OP's situation?

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    I don't think Jack would have been intimidated, rather he would have addressed the situation when it occurred. Plainly and simply asking why the surveillance in his poopshoot :)

Hayseed_40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Strongbadia
    Quote:
    Essentially, if someone were to come in and rob the place, I'd be the first person they take out.

Moron musings.

Lets not "take the robber out" lets take out the citizen commiting no crime.:rolleyes:

Clean up asile 1 please, IMPD officer left a pile of :poop:.

I assume what he meant was that if you were a bad guy and came to rob a store with people in it, the first people to neutralize would be the most threatening. Somebody you know is carrying a gun (due to his OC) would be the first target to watch/neutralize - they are the largest known threat (whether a LEO or an armed citizen protecting his family).

Top Bottom