Uranus
    giphy.gif

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Maybe, maybe not. If you're so distracted that you forget you have your kids with you, you need to be institutionalized. Your mind isn't right and you need mental health treatment (and definitely mandatory sterilization so you don't repeat your error).

Agree...it's a deliberate act when you stop into a local bar for 8 hours and leave your kid in the backseat. If there is something more important in your life than your kid in the backseat, might I suggest that you turn the child over to relatives and then attempt to swim to Hawaii.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Not the Same, I like dogs more than most people.
    Seems to me someone who would do this to a dog wouldn't have a problem doing it to a human.

I believe there have been studies done on serial killers which showed that indeed a great deal of them did start out with cruelty to animals, so there is reasonable precedent (not legal precedent - yet) that perhaps the penalties for animal cruelty should be increased.

And I'm not talking about killing predatory animals like coyotes. I'm talking about kicking, beating and stomping a family pet to death for "pottying on the floor." That's not a defensive killing. That's killing for the joy of killing, and anyone that takes pleasure in killing "just for fun" or because they can't control their anger, is mentally deficient and should be put away where they can't harm the public. If only I were king... *sigh*.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Not the Same, I like dogs more than most people.
    Seems to me someone who would do this to a dog wouldn't have a problem doing it to a human.

I agree, rep inbound.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Well, first of all, you can't "murder" an animal.

Killing or torturing an animal is a level 6 felony (lowest level). This would be 6 months to 3 years with a presumptive sentence of 1 1/2 years and up to a $10,000 fine. Abuse or committing cruelty to a vertebrate animal is a class A misdemeanor which is not more than 1 year and not more than a fine if $5,000. Usually a first offense will not get near the maximums and substantial portions will be suspended.

Murder can carry a penalty up to and including the death penalty.

Thankfully, we have not gotten to a place where animals and humans are treated the same....at least in this instance.

I beg to disagree counselor. Penalty for killing a Bald Eagle under the United States Bald and Gold Eagle Protection Act (EPA), 16 USC 668 (a)

Maximum penalty of 1 year in Federal Prison
    and up to a $100,000 fine. I could never find out what the penalty was but I know it's against the law to break the egg in a nest of a Canada goose..
    Penalty for aborting a fetus 6 months into a pregnancy? What's that you say, no penalty:scratch:. Our world IS upside down, never doubt that.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Top Bottom