Greenwood Point Blank Temporarily Closed.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • diveski11

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I wish someone knew who the African American lady was who was in there shooting alone. She was the first one in the range to see what had happened. From watching her shoot she may have been new. She was really shook up. When she came out she looked at my wife and said “Can you just hug me?” She was an older lady..

Wow, that comment about the hug just sent me sailing back 17 years to an event I thought I had safely tucked away. For those who were on site, I hope that you can process this and move forward but be aware that it might leak out at any time without warning when something tickles that spot in your lizard brain.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Will do! I appreciate everyone’s responses. It was a crazy day and just being able to talk about it on here has given me an outlet so I appreciate that. My wife is doing pretty well - she was ready to get back in the range when I suggested we go back on Saturday. I think she wanted to show that it wasn’t going to stop her.

You might want to go at a time when it won't be very crowded. It won't be as hectic, and she may be able to enjoy it more.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    It's been said up thread at least once.

If you/yours were there and witnessed the event and/or the aftermath: There is ZERO shame at all in seeking out proper counseling to speak to about it. ZERO, absolutely ZILCH shame in it. This was a terribly traumatic event. There's a good chance that you'll have or develop PTSD or PTSD-like symptoms.

Seriously. Please seek out counseling from a qualified individual.

mergatroid

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    I was in the range on New Year's Day, approximately 15 feet from the individual teaching my wife how to shoot. I was in the process of reloading my magazines when I heard a woman scream

Really sorry you had to be there for that mess. I rolled up about 2pm that day and saw four police cars outside. "This can't be good" Says I.

Saw a black woman leaving the building and she filled me in on what happened. My first thoughts were for you (and the others who were subjected to the event) and the guys family.

I prayed for you then, and will continue to remember you as the Spirit brings you to mind.

A truly awful, disgusting event. Hope the best for you and your wife.

mergatroid

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    I wish someone knew who the African American lady was who was in there shooting alone. She was the first one in the range to see what had happened. From watching her shoot she may have been new. She was really shook up. When she came out she looked at my wife and said “Can you just hug me?” She was an older lady..

I was there that day, I arrived about 2pm, she was just leaving and filled me in on why the place was closed. Wish I had the insight to ask her if she was OK. Hope she is well.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    I was there that day, I arrived about 2pm, she was just leaving and filled me in on why the place was closed. Wish I had the insight to ask her if she was OK. Hope she is well.

Yeah...we lost track of her in the confusion. I hope so too. Most of the rest of us had family or friends there..

Top Bottom