• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    Why would you assume another gun owner, "lives in fear" because he is concerned about carrying in public? Is Greenwood Mall guarded by a Crime Free Force Field, I am not aware of?

I don't know, maybe "I'm a mess" or "I was anxious" led to my assumption. :dunno:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I can't help but know that I am helpless in any self defense situation that may arise because I was unarmed.

Helpless? Nope. You have reduced options, but you aren't helpless unless you choose to be. The best thing this whole exercise did for you was get you to pay attention to your surroundings.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    Just because you're not carrying a gun doesn't mean you're unarmed.

As others have said, cover it up and carry away. Screw their little policy.

Also, going without a pistol doesn't mean you are completely defenseless. A gun is just one tool in what should be a multi layered self-defense strategy.

You should also be carrying a good flashlight which can be used to disorient and/or strike a potential attacker. You should also have a decent knife with you at all times. And finally you have a brain, hands and feet. How you use those tools can vary based on your training.

A gun should be just one option of many. That's why a well-rounded training regiment should be part of your self-defense plan.

^^^ these. I ALWAYS have a knife and a high lumen flashlight on me, even in the few instances I don't have a gun. I carry everywhere I won't get arrested. Everywhere.

Simon Mall Properties have been posted gun-free zones for years upon years.

I carry in Hamilton Town Center regularly. We eat at Qdoba about once a week.

indiana36Bravo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2014
    Boone/Tipp. Countys
    This past Tuesday my half and I decided to take a trip to Greenwood. Prior to leaving for greenwood I was standing in my bedroom trying to decide which 10-32 I would be conceal carrying on our trip. But then it hit me... The primary reason to go to greenwood was to go to the mall... and the mall has a no-gun policy. "Well ill just lock it up in my lock box I have in my car" I thought, but then I remembered... My car was in the shop and we would have to take the GF's Car. Well her car has no lock box. So between the fact that the mall was a no gun zone, and the fact that I couldn't lock up my gun, I decided to leave my beloved Glock at home. While spending time in Greenwood I was an absolute mess. And my GF could tell. I was paying attention to just about everyone but her (just don't tell her that). Keep in mind this was just 3 days after the orlando shooting so here I am sitting in Bdubs and I'm running scenarios through my head, watching everyones move, and I can't help but know that I am helpless in any self defense situation that may arise because I was unarmed. The walk through the mall was the same thing. Basically , my question is, what would you have done in my situation? would you have carried into the greenwood mall or left the gun at home? Is there anything that I could have done better to not be so defenseless? They say the day you decide to not carry is the day your gonna need it and Tuesday I was feeling like nothing could have been more true.

Also, sidenote, I DID see two people carrying while on my greenwood trip Tuesday and I want to say thank you as you both made me feel more comfortable. Armed citizen #1 was sitting at a table with his family at bdubs off of county line road in greenwood, Armed citizen #2 was walking through barnes and nobles with his kids. (Yes, I spotted your printing ;)) Anyway, I just wanted to see what the odds were that y'all were INGOers and I also wanted to say thank you for carrying.

As others have said, just carry. but it's a Mall(Simon at that), they put the rules in there to clarify making the feel-gooders feel good. I always carry, especially at the mall. both open and concealed, depending on my clothing choice for the day. never have had someone say anything besides fellow gun owners compliments.

45 LongColt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Indiana
    Thanks AngryRooster. I should've went armed anyway but didn't know how hostile simon security was about carrying in their GFZ. I believe I do pretty well at concealment but recently purchased a new carry gun and perfecting my concealment is something I've still got to work on. I wouldn't have went, but my half was wanting to go. :whip:
    The most the security can do is ask you to leave. Having not done anything illegal, they can not hold you for any reason. Never go unarmed. Being unarmed, you could die, being armed at least you stand a fighting chance.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Greenwood mall is very lax on these things. I've OCed in there a couple of times before learning about their policy, and no one ever batted an eye. Since then, I've usually stuck to CC the few times I've been, and I have never had an issue.

Top Bottom