will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    It has always seemed ridiculous to me. :n00b:

Why do we even bother to switch back during the winter any more?:dunno:

I'm with Ron Propeil on this one... Set it and forget it.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Could not agree more. I like having the extra light at the end of the day. I don't see any advantage to it being darker earlier.

The only bummer about springing forward is that I'm going to have to try and get my body adjusted to losing the hour. As you can tell by the time I'm writing this post, I don't exactly have myself trained to hit the sack early!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Huzzah for DST, friend of the Productive Class!:patriot:

Huzzah for Eastern Time, as we on the Western edge of EDT, we have enhanced productivity!:yesway:

I found out a couple of years ago that the opponents of DST, 1. are not smart enough to reset their clocks, 2. have no reason to get out of bed regardless of the time zone.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    If everyone wants to change their schedule twice per year, I guess that's fine.

So my next question is this: Why must we change our clocks?

Is it just to pretend we aren't actually changing our schedules?

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    DST is Franklins worst idea since the Turkey as the national bird. DST is not the friend of the productive class. Those of us who are really productive get up long before the sun no matter what, or we are just still up. Sleep is for the weak and the rich. And I would really like to see some numbers on the so called productivity and effeciency that DST allows, and then take into effect the time and material cost of the memos that have to be written twice a year. And don't forget to add in the time missed by the employees that forget to reset their clocks or have problems adjusting there sleeping schedule and thus are either late or tired for 2 weeks a year.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I love daylight savings time. I have trouble sleeping after the sun has risen. Before we started changing the clock it was broad daylight at 5:30 am in the middle of the summer that was a bummer for me....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Yep, I love it. The extra, after business hours, light is welcome. The last hour of light can be devoted to fishing nearly any day!

It's funny you mention that. I believe we need to go fishing soon. Is there a certain water temperature that is desired? Or some other condition that makes the fishing more productive? I almost typed that last line without laughing.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    So... any thoughts on why we bother to switch back for a few months in the winter?
    Does that actually help us in any way?

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I'll just bump this old thread as a reminder that this silly changing of the schedules and clocks is upon us yet again. :n00b:

Love it or hate it, you've still got to admit that it's a ridiculous ritual with no real value.

Bah. :cool:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    As much as I hate DST, I'd glad we're finally changing with the rest of the country. It was a PITA to keep changing timezones every six months. It made doing business out-of-state a giant headache.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    As much as I hate DST, I'd glad we're finally changing with the rest of the country. It was a PITA to keep changing timezones every six months. It made doing business out-of-state a giant headache.

I grew up with DST so it was really weird at first when I had to deal with IN time...but I got used to it and then they went and changed it on me :rolleyes:

Top Bottom