• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Why? Does she get up at 2AM and change the clocks in the house? Or, is that what time she has to get up to chop wood, clean and make you breakfast?:D
    No...she's hyperactive...so there's no way she's going to bed early tonight. She's also not a morning person...she'll regret it in the morning with the hour of sleep she'll lose. Or shall I say...I'll regret it. ;)

She doesn't chop wood anymore. I bought her a chainsaw for Christmas. :D

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here. In the winter months (Nov-Mar), we are exactly the same as we used to be prior to implementing DST. It had no effect whatsoever on during the winter.

I know that. What I am saying is that if we wanted extra USABLE daylight, then having that hour tacked in the winter would be better, basically reverse of what it is now. Keep non DST in the summer, HAVE DST in the winter.

Because in the winter as it stands now, and before DST was forced upon us, if you work 8-5pm, in December and January you pretty much get up in the dark and you come home in the dark. If we had DST in the winter instead of summer then at least you could have some usable daylight at the end of the day from November to February.

Mind you, I don't want DST at all. I think that forcing 300 million people to change their circadian rhythms twice a year is stupid and I've yet to see any hard data that it actually has any net benefit because everything I've ever seen that touts benefits seems to ignore lost productivity from the folks who forgot to change or who slept in/got up early, spent a week or two having their body adjust, increased illness because of this, folks like me who actually lose usable daylight hours and whose jobs need those daylight hours, etc.

Neezer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    dont like DLST. i run a small excavating business and the sooner i can start in the morning the better. i dont golf so the sun being up till midnight does me not good. we are not fooling the sun, just fooling ourselves by switching our clocks

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    Huzzah for DST, friend of the Productive Class!:patriot:

Huzzah for Eastern Time, as we on the Western edge of EDT, we have enhanced productivity!:yesway:

I found out a couple of years ago that the opponents of DST, 1. are not smart enough to reset their clocks, 2. have no reason to get out of bed regardless of the time zone.
    I've found that proponents of DST 1. are too stupid to know what time it is in the next state 2. too lazy to get out of bed earlier so they try to trick themselves by changing the clocks.

Changing time is STUPID. It doesn't give you more day light, hey dumb ass, the sun doesn't care what time it is.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    i am still looking for this extra light everyone keeps talking about?
    my hours are set either way... there is no point in it... cant say its for heating or cooling costs either. you still are going to run it reguardless.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    I wish we would stay where we are now. What is it.... Central Time?:n00b:

:yesway:I could hunt until 7pm or so in November and December instead of having to come out of the woods around 6pm.:yesway: It would work out great since I get off work at 3:30.

Hey, when it's deer season NOTHING else matters!:D

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    I've found that proponents of DST 1. are too stupid to know what time it is in the next state 2. too lazy to get out of bed earlier so they try to trick themselves by changing the clocks.

Changing time is STUPID. It doesn't give you more day light, hey dumb ass, the sun doesn't care what time it is.

Do you really think it's necessary call others a dumb ass here?

OK, let's get something straight. Nobody is claiming or has ever claimed that DST creates additional day light. However, it does shift the hours a bit to create more daylight in later hours, i.e. after work.

I happen to like that. I golf, I run, I ride a Harley, I go to the range and shoot. All of those activities are either daylight required or safer in the daylight. I don't get to set my hours for work. I get off about 5:00. I like having extra time to participate in my hobbies.

Take your "Dumb Ass" comment and shove it. Just because someone has an opinion that differs from mine, I don't assume they are stupid or a dumb ass.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Do you really think it's necessary call others a dumb ass here?

OK, let's get something straight. Nobody is claiming or has ever claimed that DST creates additional day light. However, it does shift the hours a bit to create more daylight in later hours, i.e. after work.

I happen to like that. I golf, I run, I ride a Harley, I go to the range and shoot. All of those activities are either daylight required or safer in the daylight. I don't get to set my hours for work. I get off about 5:00. I like having extra time to participate in my hobbies.

I personally would like to thank you for screwing with my Sleep cycle so you can ride your bike and play golf... :noway:

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Native Americans have a saying about DST.
    "Only the White Man can cut the bottom off the blanket.
    Sew it on the top.
    And think he's made a longer blanket." :n00b:

gvbcraig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Southwest Fort Wayne
    Not sure what business you are in, but DST has more than helped ours.

Have you noticed how many new distribution centers have been built or are being built along the I69 - I65 corridor?

I do a lot of site selection for businesses wanting to build manufacturing or distribution facilities world wide. It always hurt when geographically it made sense to locate in Indiana, the cross roads of the manufacturing belt, but the corporate folks would nix it because lack of DST (not being synchronized with the rest of the US). Lack of DST was a logistical nightmare.

:yesway: +1 to Mitch for seeing this and the benefits that we are seeing coming to the state.

DST worked against my business. If it actually wanted to do anything then having DST in the winter when you could actually use the light in the late afternoon instead of having folks go to work in the dark and come home in the dark.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Yours is option, mine are results, :coffee: , I rest my case.

Mine is not an option?! WTF?! ;)

The DoD works across EVERY Timezone and in over 150 Different Countries around the World Most not supporting DST with no Problems at all in Our Logistics Capabilities...

Are you telling me that the Military can Overcome that issue but the Private Sector cannot?! Minus the Private Sector that deals with the Military apparently... :dunno:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    She doesn't chop wood anymore. I bought her a chainsaw for Christmas.

That's a sure sign you are a good husband and she now has an extra hour to get her wood splitting chore done and then make you dinner.

I personally would like to thank you for screwing with my Sleep cycle so you can ride your bike and play golf

You are welcome. Remember I do take ammo contributions. Since rhino brings me .45acp, I'll put you down for 6.5x284.:D

Last edited:

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    I personally would like to thank you for screwing with my Sleep cycle so you can ride your bike and play golf... :noway:
    Just want to point out that I, personally, had absolutely nothing to do with getting DST passed in Indiana. I don't even remember answering a poll of any kind. So no need to thank me personally.

All I've done is point out why I, personally, like DST.

gvbcraig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Southwest Fort Wayne
    If you want to use that as a example then we all should be on GMT Grenech Mean Time, then we would not have these issues, that is how DoD works across all time zones.

But unfortunately we cannot not do that.

I know the difficulties I had with air travel locally when we did not have DST. What was a 3:00 flight last week became a 4:00 flight this week and but my connecting flight did not change based on local time, but my ETA changed by an hour, and my standard return flight that I have taken for the last three months is no longer available, but will be available again when they go back to DST. I know this is petty, but this is just one example of many.

I cannot help you with the fact that a lot of people have difficulties resetting, or don't know how to reset their clocks and are coming up with excuses to compensate for that. :coffee::coffee:

Mine is not an option?! WTF?! ;)

The DoD works across EVERY Timezone and in over 150 Different Countries around the World Most not supporting DST with no Problems at all in Our Logistics Capabilities...

Are you telling me that the Military can Overcome that issue but the Private Sector cannot?! Minus the Private Sector that deals with the Military apparently... :dunno:

Top Bottom