• ...and so much more!
  • DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Wow!!!
    If they sold a pre ban uzi for $700 that's why they are out of business I woulda paid $1k but they said it was spoken for

Yep. It even had all the paperwork and a calendar with it. That's why I said I'd take it on the spot.
    Dan

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    That's been my experience with Elmore's in Greenwood. If you weren't a Greenwood cop, they pretty much ignored you (at least the handful of times I stopped in).

You mean "the ashtray"? Been in there once. In there 5 minutes to take a quick look and to pick up a Troy part they stock. So in and out in 5 minutes and I smelled like I had been in a bar. Took hours to shake the stench.

Oh, and the owner was a total *** to me. He was shooting the breeze with a regular and I walked up to ask where could find the part. He acted annoyed that I interrupted him and shooed me off to another worker.

Between his prople skills and his smelly store, I'll never go back.

Yep, my one experience was almost identical. I'll never go back.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I think at least one exception to the "lack of people skills" gun store is the Indiana Gun Club. To me, at least, they have personable counter help and a large inventory. I can't comment about pricing since I haven't purchased anything from there except a shotgun. I realize this isn't on the west or south side - perhaps it doesn't count.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I went to Elmore's a few years ago because they were supposed to have an M&P22 I was looking for. When I went in I was also ignored and when I politely interrupted the conversation with the man behind the counter with the guy on the stool I was rather abruptly told that they don't make them and I was very mistaken to think they did. He then went back to BS'ing with his buddy. I went to another store and picked one up. I'll not go to Elmore's again.
    Dan

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And on a related note, I think I found the owner's house. Driving way south of Indy and I see a farmhouse. In the drive is a wrapped equipment trailer with their info all over it. And a shooting range set up in the back yard with target stands placed in the plowed field.

Wasnt sure about seeing a safe backstop, so I went back to look at the street view in google maps. The google car snapped the trailer next to the barn, and looking downrange there is no backstop. Just about a half mile (no more than 1 mile, hard to judge depth of field) of open field. Hope he doesnt shoot anything of consequence there.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You mean "the ashtray"? Been in there once. In there 5 minutes to take a quick look and to pick up a Troy part they stock. So in and out in 5 minutes and I smelled like I had been in a bar. Took hours to shake the stench.

Oh, and the owner was a total *** to me. He was shooting the breeze with a regular and I walked up to ask where could find the part. He acted annoyed that I interrupted him and shooed me off to another worker.

Between his prople skills and his smelly store, I'll never go back.

Exactly my experience with Elmores. In there 2 times and both were the same. The GOB's were chatting it up and I was on ignore. The question I did get answered about a 1911 in the case was snarky and I was told I did not know of what I spoke.

"Really"

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Exactly my experience with Elmores. In there 2 times and both were the same. The GOB's were chatting it up and I was on ignore. The question I did get answered about a 1911 in the case was snarky and I was told I did not know of what I spoke.

"Really"

Personally, I would have pulled out my phone, called up the nonexistent item and rubbed his nose in it before I walked out.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Surprising this place is still in business.

A couple of buddy's and a few Ingo members I know swear by the place.....:dunno:

I had the same experience at ITP 2 times in a row. The fella behind the counter was not interested in me in the least. But, when we went there to get the Ingo lowers the owner must have been manning the counter as it was all hands on deck.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    A couple of buddy's and a few Ingo members I know swear by the place.....:dunno:

I had the same experience at ITP 2 times in a row. The fella behind the counter was not interested in me in the least. But, when we went there to get the Ingo lowers the owner must have been manning the counter as it was all hands on deck.

Because your buddies are likely the ones that keep that stool by the cash register warm while they shoot the breeze with "Old Man Elmore". :):

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    And on a related note, I think I found the owner's house. Driving way south of Indy and I see a farmhouse. In the drive is a wrapped equipment trailer with their info all over it. And a shooting range set up in the back yard with target stands placed in the plowed field.

Wasnt sure about seeing a safe backstop, so I went back to look at the street view in google maps. The google car snapped the trailer next to the barn, and looking downrange there is no backstop. Just about a half mile (no more than 1 mile, hard to judge depth of field) of open field. Hope he doesnt shoot anything of consequence there.

The owner and his wife live less than a mile north of the shop. His boy, however, lives in the far southern part of the county.

As far as the trailer storage and wherever it was they were shooting? Who knows whose property that is.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Folks often say that about my shop....I always wanted to meet you but you would hate the smell in here...Tobacco, Hoppes, and cosmoline....I like the smell but I admit it's an acquired aroma....

It's worse when millertyme stops in....:)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Folks often say that about my shop....I always wanted to meet you but you would hate the smell in here...Tobacco, Hoppes, and cosmoline....I like the smell but I admit it's an acquired aroma....

It's worse when millertyme stops in....:)

The smoke in your shop is nothing compared to the shop they are talking about. It's so bad there it's made me ill. My son actually vomited after I took him there the first time. As you know, I'm not sensitive to smoke but with the cigar/cigarette combo going in there it was like a tobacco warehouse on fire. I hear it's better now, but I've not been back.

Top Bottom