jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi..

Need to make details for picking radio up. I will be rolling through your area on friday evening and then again on saturday mid morning. Friday would work best for me, but either day would be fine. When we connect i will have cash for the extra radio if it has not already been taken.

I dont believe i will be going with any extras at this time. I would however like to know if the mount antenna is a good buy or what other option is best solution.

Thanks

C PM & you are the are the first taker for the extra radio at this point since you would be the easiest one to be able to get it (ie. not having to ship).

I'll pass on the xtras. Did you get my voice-mail oh great pink father?

Yes & thank you. Also thank you CLif45 for not wanting your plug.

PM/Email/Call me with pickup instructions and let me know if you had any takers on my offer. Thanks.

Nope! You have failed to reply to my other email. ;)
    C my PM in a bit.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I have edited post #2 with the additional add-on order.
    Since he owes us some parts from the first order he will ship the second order for free from my understanding. So if you want anything else let me know.

Otherwise next week I'll finish the add-on order so we can get the missing adapters in for those that have temp given their up.

At this point I'm not sure if any additional discounts would be given based on the # of add-ons. Note the car antenna can be used with any other HAM radio so it's not a "for this radio only" type of item like the rest of the stuff.

IMO apart from the antenna (if you wanna look like an LEO) ;) the battery would be the only other thing I get and even that I'm not sure of. Since the whole goal of this "group buy" was to get a starter radio to try out HAM. Those that will get into the hobby will eventually upgrade to a beefier radio so not sure more investments into this one would be good.

-Jedi

NavyVet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Marshall County
    I have been playing with the radios since I picked them up Thursday evening...

Thanks to Jedi for pulling this all together... Reps coming your way!

I had a lot of trouble getting the software running on my Windows7 64bit machine. I am working on a 'white paper' with links to the appropriate drivers and software that seems to work for all versions of Vista and Windows7. I anticipate having a link up in this thread later today.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    A BIG +1 to Jediagh for this Group Buy and I'm in for whatever extra to complete an accessory Group Buy if needed, extra battery etc. I'm Not into the faux leather case though :yesway:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    FYI...
    There are 2 members that wanted me to ship the radio to you.
    See your PM for that information.
    The radio and all it's stuff will fit inside a USPS Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box and can be shipped for $5.15 anywhere in the USA. You won't get the original box or plastic tray but that is just "packaging". =)

If anyone want to go this route let me know.
    -Jedi

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Okay I think I'm lossing my mind. There were/are 5 radios that have the European plug.
    I have 4 of those 5 accounted for right now.

- Jedi (Yellow)
    - Bill B (Black)
    - Clif45 (Black) [Yes I know you said you do not care as you won't use the plug]
    - GhostOfWinter (2nd Black)

For those that have picked up their radios did one of you take the Euro plug adapter with you? I can't find it in any of the radios I have left. Have 2 that I have packaged in boxes ready to ship on TUES but I'm certain it's not in those 2.

:dunno:

As for the rest of you. Some have PMed me in terms of picking up the radios and that is fine. The programming is actually very easy with the various list/links where all the repeaters/PDs are at.

So when is everyone else coming to pick up these items?
    Not rushing ya but I do have another project in the location that these radios are at that I would like to start in a month so need to begin to clean up that space.

NavyVet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Marshall County
    Tried to find it again and couldn't (using an iPad on business in California)

I was able to copy the zip file I used to my web server though...

http://fs2.indiweb.com/prolificvista.zip

This worked perfectly for me. When I get back, I will post the original link (right after I re-arm!)

NavyVet ---

@bill b or navyvet

where did you find the windows 7 usb driver?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    It appears that there is no interest for any additional items at this time.
    4sarge do you still want the 2 car antennas?
    I'm not planning on getting the car antenna afterall. I'm ok with the radio the way it is and having it at home since I don't travel that much.
    Otherwise it's just him sending the adapters that were missing.

-Jedi

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom