SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Anything for us on the B list?
    I am somewhat among the living now.
    I finally got a storage unit to take some of the non-back pack stuff. I now have some space to sort and count the number of non-issuable or needs repair" packs in addition to the number of Gen 1 packs. When I get that established I'll compare that with the handful of packs I found that were almost new if not non-issued. Based on the money lost from the non-issued ones I'll price the newish ones to recover that. I need to get the Gen 1 packs sorted out so they are being sold also.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I am somewhat among the living now.
    I finally got a storage unit to take some of the non-back pack stuff. I now have some space to sort and count the number of non-issuable or needs repair" packs in addition to the number of Gen 1 packs. When I get that established I'll compare that with the handful of packs I found that were almost new if not non-issued. Based on the money lost from the non-issued ones I'll price the newish ones to recover that. I need to get the Gen 1 packs sorted out so they are being sold also.
    Let me know if you need help.

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Also, there are more lots of these being sold on government liquidations. However, it does seem like they are all in Oklahoma. But if you figuring in shipping, it might still make them affordable if someone else had the up front funds for another GB. I know Doc Hill really went above and beyond. This just shows that a group buy can be done with almost anything.
    I AM NOT VOLUNTEERING :), but I wanted to let people know that these packs are still being auctioned off.

Last edited:

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Also, there are more lots of these being sold on government liquidations. However, it does seem like they are all in Oklahoma. But if you figuring in shipping, it might still make them affordable if someone else had the up front funds for another GB. I know Doc Hill really went above and beyond. This just shows that a group buy can be done with almost anything.
    I AM NOT VOLUNTEERING :), but I wanted to let people know that these packs are still being auctioned off.

I believe GovLiquidators auctions are pick up only...OK would be a bit more pricey than OH.

ParaManAR15

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    Thanks again doc...picked mine up back on the 30th, grabbed a main pack that was practically brand new, like it was never used. The Assault pack that was just under the main pack was brand new and still had the instruction sheet in it.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I'm getting a lot of "how much for the better ones" questions. To clarify,

The price of the bags in great shape is going to be more determined by the number of bags that I'll not be able to sell or that will require repair that increase the overall cost. I'm using them to counter balance the cost per bag equation. If there are 25 bags that either can't be sold or need repair (increasing their cost) then $22.50 x 25 = $562.00 If I can find 8-15 bags in great shape then 562/10= 56.20 and those bags will be 56.20 + 22.5= $78. So you can see the resulting price will vary greatly. If the unissued bags are fewer, and the non-issuable bags are more then the price could go to above $100 (which is still going price for newish bags) If the reverse is the case then it could be as low as $40.

I'll also have to account for the number of Gen 1 bags. There are quite a few more than I anticipated. They are still great backpacks but they don't fetch quite as high a price. So far I've filled one of the pallets with Gen 1 stuff just by isolating them when I come across them. I haven't counted them or determined if any are torn or otherwise need repaired yet.

Also getting a lot of "can I get additional stuff" questions.

I only have to ration the main packs, all the other stuff is up for sale at quantities not limited by your main pack numbers.

Today's goal is to get shipping figured out and get my car to the shop.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Edited OP to display open pickup time this Sat. (Yes, tomorow, sorry late notice) 10A to 12noon. There will be others soon. I am also planning on trying to make it to FNS this coming Friday, glad to meet up there. I'm off to UPS and USPS to figure out shipping costs.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Just a heads up, there seems to be some new hydration bladders out there that appear to be nearly identical to mil-spec and should work with the USMC GI carriers.
    They are made by Skilcraft and are 3L bladders. They are around $15 which is a lot better than the true mil-spec at half the cost if they work. I ordered two and will report back here if they fit well or not.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Just a heads up, there seems to be some new hydration bladders out there that appear to be nearly identical to mil-spec and should work with the USMC GI carriers.
    They are made by Skilcraft and are 3L bladders. They are around $15 which is a lot better than the true mil-spec at half the cost if they work. I ordered two and will report back here if they fit well or not.

LOL, I read this and thought you found a better price on the carriers. I thought, DUDE! I'm sitting on 200 of these things, now I'll never get rid of them. :):

Nice find.

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    Last edited:

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    SDH I just got back in town yesterday and just got back in the swing of things... I'm available to pick up almost anytime... I'm in fishers and most of Indy 3 to 4 days a week.. .let me know what works for you.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    God that garage was beyond amazing. I wanted to swim the the pile of backpacks naked. I didn't.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I was in Indy yesterday for a doctors appointment and tried to pick up my stuff but didn't hear back from doc?

CRAP! I apologize, I totally dropped the ball on this newbomb. I forgot about our PM's and when I got the txt I had a LOT of irons in the fire and simply failed to followup.

I'm going to try and find a couple times in the next 7 days to do an "open pickup".

Also I'm trying to arrange the ability to go to FNS this Friday evening. If anyone is going to that they could pickup paid packs and stuff for themselves or others to distribute.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom