• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    OP edited to show an open pickup time. Also a request for times that work (for the people above the cutoff line) for a possible additional time if that Sat. AM doesn't work.

Open pickup at my home is this Sat. Jan 12, 2013 from 10AM to 12 noon, I'm open to be able to do a Friday and/or Sunday also. Let me know if another time works better and if several have the same time that works I'll open it up then also. I've found that it is a logistical nightmare to try to arrange individual meetups in addition to other life stuff.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Update on sleep system (sleeping bags). I've talked to the owner of the UPS store (which has proven to be an awesome store/owner by the way) and we've determined the size boxes needed for 1 and 2 bags, and the range of prices for all of IN.
    To have one shipped to you anywhere in IN is $17 (so $78 + 17 = $95 shipped to your door)
    To have 2 shipped to you anywhere in IN is $20 (so $78x2 + 20 = $176 to your door for 2).

These are in almost new condition and are first come first serve. Some have vertical and horizontal compression straps and some do not have the horizontal compression straps on the outer stuff sack that comes with them. I've yet to find a bivy cover that doesn't look new. They can be had without the bivy cover (you know, if you don't plan on sleeping in the rain in a snow drift without a tent, :D) for $63 ea, same shipping costs.

The bivy covers by themselves are going to have to go for a premium since most orders I've gotten make it obvious people want the system with them.
    Covers by themselves $30, I'll have to figure out shipping if that is all you are getting since it will fit in a much smaller lighter box.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Is there any estimated time on when we will know if some of us below the line will be able to get in on this deal? Just need to make sure I have the funds ready for if/when that moment comes. Thanks

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I'm just now getting to the bottom of the piles enough to get an actual inventory of the working condition, needs repair, and premium packs that are left. In another window I'm uploading pics to Photobucket to sell the premium packs to offset the cost of the ones that need major repair to the point they can't be used.
    Ideally, by late tonight or tomorrow morning I'll know how to handle selling off the rest of the packs.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

Doc Hill is a great guy to deal with!

I just returned earlier this evening after picking up two (2) of the backpacks. He took great care to see that the quality was good and that I was getting far more than a fair deal.

Not only that, but his dog almost peed on me. It's always nice to know that you are a marked customer, not quite.

And the entertainment value of the rabbit chomping noise was priceless. Something I will never forget!:D

Thanks Doc!

Regards,

Doug

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    To All,

Doc Hill is a great guy to deal with!

I just returned earlier this evening after picking up two (2) of the backpacks. He took great care to see that the quality was good and that I was getting far more than a fair deal.

Not only that, but his dog almost peed on me. It's always nice to know that you are a marked customer, not quite.

And the entertainment value of the rabbit chomping noise was priceless. Something I will never forget!:D

Thanks Doc!

Regards,

Doug

For the record, the dog was eating the rabbit whole (hence the chomping noise) not me. :D

LOL, her previous owners didn't treat her very well so pretty much any male (let alone an impressive 6'8" guy) so much as leans down to pet her she thinks she's getting beaten again. :( She's a pup and getting better but I think after last night I may have a better way to track my customers than the typical loyalty cards used by most businesses these days.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    UPDATE:
    I have
    13 Gen 1 packs
    4 Gen 1 packs that have been re-arsenalled to be Gen 2 packs. They have black fabric but all the buckles have been replaced with tan so they are entirely Gen 2 compatible now.
    All 17 are in at least if not better working condition than the remaining 28 "good working order" main packs. Unless specifically requested, I'm going to consider them all to be the same in setting aside packs for people that have paid for them. I'm getting to the bottom and I have to make sure I'm not selling more "regular" packs than I have and it is going to be much easier to consider the Gen 1 packs to be the same as Gen 2. I need to hear from you (PM) if that is not OK with the packs you have paid for but haven't received yet.

Soon I'll be starting a new thread to sell off the packs that warrant a premium. These will range in price from $40 to >=$120. If you've seen my garage recently I have a huge corner that has been consumed by packs that need major repair to be used even by casual hikers or simply trashed. Their cost needs offset by the packs I've held aside that warrant a premium.
    It would have been more fair to have had all this inventoried from the begining, I know but it simply wasn't possible, I'm sorry.

vedearduff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I suspect that the proper place for this is the other thread, but I'm posting here as well just in case.

I'll take one of the premium assault packs and one of the radio pouches.

Edited to add:
    Further up in this thread, a link to an eBay vendor was posted for a set of buckles for repair of the main pack. I ordered a set just to have on hand. The vendor also listed the large belt for the main pack. I ordered one since the medium belt was not quite long enough. For any of you who are in the same position, you may want to take a look here.

Last edited:

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Are there non-premium assault packs and other items now open to those who buy a "premium" pack, or just those items listed in the premium thread?

Good question. The premium and non-premium assault packs are now available to anyone in the GB list whether they are above or below the cutoff line for main packs.

I'll need to give that some time to make sure they get serviced before opening those up to everyone on INGO.

All the "other stuff" has been opened up to people not on the GB list through the classifieds.

See these threads:

Hydration carriers
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...dration_carriers_camelback_style_2_kinds.html

fleece overalls
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...eece_coldweather_bibs_coveralls_overalls.html

water bottles
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/non_firearms_related/241250-water_bottles.html

Sleep systems ad is getting shut down. I have only a handful not spoken for and the GB folks are likely to gobble those up soon.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom