• drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Some people find one of flags offensive:

73093827_10218090993440756_4929535756067667968_n.jpg

Having graduated from there twice, I approve.

Dimik

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2018
    Mishawaka
    I would totally fly the American and Russian flags together.
    A few years ago I covered my work place with Putin fridge magnets. Hoped someone would get triggered, but everyone knew me by then.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Holy mackerel that's a busy flag!

It became a meme. If you search for "World's most offensive flag," you'll find it and about a thousand variations where people have stuck all kinds of overlays on it.

It was hilarious. My son came home from school and said, "Dad, there's a meme for 'World's Most Offensive Flag,'" and I said, "Yeah, I know."

He did make an improvement but I can't find it off hand.

thelefthand

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    It's your house/property, do what ever you want. Personally, I appreciate people who take the time to fly flags like that. I don't have the time to do so and maintain the presentation to the level it deserves, so I don't bother with it. The idea that we should all just be quiet and keep our heads down is a bunch of hog wash. Good men and women have been quiet for way too long and that's EXACTLY how we've ended up where we are. Is there a risk associated with letting others know where you stand? Yes, there certainly is, but the consequences of remaining silent are far to severe to do continue doing so.

As far as responding to the neighbors, my vote would be a yes. The civil side of me says to invite them over for a cup of coffee, or dinner even. Be the kind of neighbor you would love for them to be. Unfortunately, the reality is that anyone who's going to take the time to leave you a note to let you know that the flags (and therefore what you believe in, stand for, and essentially you yourself) are offensive, is not going to change their mind unless they have some kind of dramatic, life altering experience. That's something you shouldn't be providing, even though the thought is an entertaining one. A mailed letter would be appropriate. Polite, but to the point. Let them know that you've received their (illegally) delivered message, that you value the lives of the soldiers (potentially dear friends) that were lost in combat, and the lives of the officers dedicated to protecting our streets more than you value their fragile, and ill conceived feelings. People like you are what makes the area such a good place to live (low crime, low taxes, well kept homes, good schools, good jobs, ect). If they do not wish to assimilate to the culture, it might be in their best interest to return to wherever it is that they came from because the people in your area certainly aren't interested in assimilating to their culture.

AlVine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2014
    Owen Co.
    Good grief. Entitled wimps expect to go through life with everyone catering to their sensitive feelings? And a Marine Corps flag! :nopity: Gadsden flag next for sure. Then, if necessary, the nuclear option: An NRA flag.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    It's not easy.

You may be able to go into edit, click on the post, select all and delete. I was able to do this on an iPad.

...at least I'm not the only one.

klausm

Grouchy Gar
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North Central
    sorry about, that didn't see that one coming, not very savvy with computers, prefer hammers
    but I did get it erased, just not soon enough

cath8r

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    MILTON
    I didn't look through all 12 pages, but someone correct me if I'm wrong...unless you are working for the postal system, it's illegal to put anything in someone's mailbox. And if you don't like what's flying on my flag pole, don't look at it. I'm not taking anything down for anybody. I'm getting sick of these lightweights thinking that THEIR views are somehow fine but yours are not, and they are high if they think I'm going to appease them.

Top Bottom