• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Give up yet? It's me. I'll be flying into Indy tomorrow evening and heading down Evansville way where I'll be staying for a few days. I'm in town to look at some foreclosed properties. Of course I seem to have picked a wintry weekend (it's been pretty darn warm here this past week). Either way, I'd certainly be up for grabbing brews and wings with anybody that felt like it. Or even more importantly, telling me where the food's good and the beer's cold.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Or even more importantly, telling me where the food's good and the beer's cold.

In Evansville, Turoni's Pizza or the Tinman both brew their own and have decent food. The Gerst Haus on West Franklin has a huge beer selection and German food. Enjoy the weather while you're here. I had to measure a 100K warehouse today and froze.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    You mean hang out with a... a... a... FELON!!!! :runaway: :runaway: :runaway:

jk. I wish I could, but I'm heading out of Indy tomorrow morning. I'm sure you'll find someone.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    I opened the link from your PM and forgot I wasn't there any more! PM inbound in a few.

Got your PM. If you can make it, that'd be awesome. If not due to prior engagements, I completely understand.

Will see you there. :yesway:

In Evansville, Turoni's Pizza or the Tinman both brew their own and have decent food. The Gerst Haus on West Franklin has a huge beer selection and German food. Enjoy the weather while you're here. I had to measure a 100K warehouse today and froze.

Is it chicago style? :\

What's the tinman serve? Will check it out.

You mean hang out with a... a... a... FELON!!!! :runaway: :runaway: :runaway:

jk. I wish I could, but I'm heading out of Indy tomorrow morning. I'm sure you'll find someone.

Hey, look at it this way, if I get out of hand you've certainly got me outgunned. :p

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Philistine

Barbeque, somewhat unusual for around here in that it is a heavy dry rub.

Certain cultural barriers can never be broken down. Pizza is such a one.

I love barbecue. I have a pit myself. I usually do dry rub and a seasoned vinegar baste. That sounds like a spot I'd like to hit.

You need to try the main food that Evansville is famous for-brain sandwich. I hope you enjoy your visit to the state!

I don't even know what to say to this.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    But you are NYfelon, not Chicagofelon.

Since they switched from beef brains to pork, it hasn't been the same

"Hilltop Tavern" voted the manliest restaurant in the USA 2012.
    What do you mean switched from beef to pork? I never knew anyone used beef brains.

John, Lou and I will be stopping by the show to see you at some point.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    But you are NYfelon, not Chicagofelon.

Since they switched from beef brains to pork, it hasn't been the same

"Hilltop Tavern" voted the manliest restaurant in the USA 2012.

Precisely my point. If it's not NY style....I just can't do it. A few years back I was in Wilmington, NC on business and came across a place called "Antonio's NY Pizza." I walked in and I was all "Nu Yawk pizza huh?" Dude behind the counter turns around and is all, "Ya. Wutabotit?" We both laughed, I grabbed a slice and a beer and we BS'd about Queens.

Fine, I will bring my own beer, you will have to pick me up though, I will be loaded before 12:30

No problemo. I don't drink until after dark anyway. Fortunately, dawn comes after dark so it's okay to drink.

What do you mean switched from beef to pork? I never knew anyone used beef brains.

John, Lou and I will be stopping by the show to see you at some point.

You know, now that I think about it, I remember watching a show on Food Network, and they mentioned that they stopped using beef thinkers and started using pig thinkers after all the BSE stuff.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    So who is going to be standing at the airport with the sign that reads: NYFelon in big bold letters?

Top Bottom