• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    I would go with bow. IF not that then they better legalize booby traps. (are booby traps still illegal is they are non-lethal?)

Something along these lines ( Nerf sentry turret )

Look at it this way, after you deal with the first attack you most likely will have a new firearm.....Hopefully its not a Jenkins.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    We all know the possibility of firearms being completely banned here in our great nation. Although we have a lot of safeguards to prevent this, If the liberals had there way, we would be down to a sharp stick and a rock (even those would be registered).

I am not looking to discuss how likely this is or the politics. I am using this to set up a hypothetical situation. If this were to happen, what would you put in your gun ban home defense kit?
    Hypothetically, I don't now, nor have I ever owned a gun sooo........
    Your hypothesis still tells me you intend on compliance. Hypothetically if course.

TAT7

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    Indianapolis
    IDK maybe crossbow, lots-o-good-knives, one of dem high speed low drag airsoft guns that are bad a**ery (check out the ones in europe), keep my dog close if possible, pepper spray (the big ones), flashlights, and my personal fav...baseball bat. OH, and throwing stars .....wait those are illegal here already....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    warsaw
    Hypothetically, I don't now, nor have I ever owned a gun sooo........
    Your hypothesis still tells me you intend on compliance. Hypothetically if course.

lol, no I will be right there with the rest of you counting my brass as it hits the ground when they come for our guns. No, This thread was only for entertainment purposes. Just a fun little tangent from the more serious issues.

I have to say, the metal detector still trumps all else.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    It's an interesting, but frightening and very slim chance hypothetical:

Option 1: EDC Cold Steel Katana, In home defense, Wakisashi, back up or non-permissive environment carry, Tanto. :)

Option 2: Polyethelene or wood bats (the alloy ones are nice but don't have the sheer thickness, bone crushing density that wood or plastic does).

Option 3: Decent blade of appreciable length and good tomahawk, coupled with practice in using tomahawk in a grappling method, blade doing the damage.

Option 4: When all else fails, turn to physics to stop intruders: Highly improbable, but positron cannons or Higgs Boson emitters might work. Stop your enemies... with SCIENCE!

Option 5: Quick acting meth... your enemy can't stop you when you're jacked up on the best! Punch through walls without immediate pain! Run fast as heck! See non-existent worms and other creatures! Ruin your enemy's face with amazing-meth induced-insano strength!

Option 6: Lots of pain killers and a file... sharpen your pearly white and take a BITE out of crime.

Option 7: Brown glass jars everywhere. Prussic acid puts a man down...

Option 8: Two words: Danger. Cube.

Option 9: Genetically engineered animals of unrecognizable origin and horrible anger. Dogs don't compare to your acid spewing, dart throwing, man eating, science-run-amok horror.

Option 10: Robots. Spark throwing, metal gleaming, claw handed, clanking robots. Lots of them. +100 points if they scream "Kill all humans" as their head spins in circles when approaching intruders.

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    Whatever gun is close. Banning isnt an option and neither is putting them in the dirt. It kind of scares me how many gun owners on a gun forum are willing to give them up without a battle. I thought most on here are Avid supporters of the 2nd? I think are forefathers would be more disappointed in we the people than they would be our politicians.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    warsaw
    It's an interesting, but frightening and very slim chance hypothetical:

Option 1: EDC Cold Steel Katana, In home defense, Wakisashi, back up or non-permissive environment carry, Tanto. :)

Option 2: Polyethelene or wood bats (the alloy ones are nice but don't have the sheer thickness, bone crushing density that wood or plastic does).

Option 3: Decent blade of appreciable length and good tomahawk, coupled with practice in using tomahawk in a grappling method, blade doing the damage.

Option 4: When all else fails, turn to physics to stop intruders: Highly improbable, but positron cannons or Higgs Boson emitters might work. Stop your enemies... with SCIENCE!

Option 5: Quick acting meth... your enemy can't stop you when you're jacked up on the best! Punch through walls without immediate pain! Run fast as heck! See non-existent worms and other creatures! Ruin your enemy's face with amazing-meth induced-insano strength!

Option 6: Lots of pain killers and a file... sharpen your pearly white and take a BITE out of crime.

Option 7: Brown glass jars everywhere. Prussic acid puts a man down...

Option 8: Two words: Danger. Cube.

Option 9: Genetically engineered animals of unrecognizable origin and horrible anger. Dogs don't compare to your acid spewing, dart throwing, man eating, science-run-amok horror.

Option 10: Robots. Spark throwing, metal gleaming, claw handed, clanking robots. Lots of them. +100 points if they scream "Kill all humans" as their head spins in circles when approaching intruders.

So a looping 80's B-rate sci-fi horror projected on the wall across from your front door? I like it!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    warsaw
    Whatever gun is close. Banning isnt an option and neither is putting them in the dirt. It kind of scares me how many gun owners on a gun forum are willing to give them up without a battle. I thought most on here are Avid supporters of the 2nd? I think are forefathers would be more disappointed in we the people than they would be our politicians.

This is not meant to be a serious thread. Most, if not all of us would be standing up for our rights. I don't think a little humor/entertainment would disappoint our forefathers.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    AR-15, Remington 870, CZ SP-01 ... If you give up your guns, I will happily sell you a bat or a knife.

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Great! Hopefully you have a dog with a bad attitude already, and strengthening the castle is always good to keep in mind. LOVE the metal detector! :D

I think a crossbow may come in handy. People with really messy houses have an advantage here as well. If the intruder can't walk through your house, you don't have much to worry about. At the very least you will recognize a strange voice spewing out cuss words as he trips over things.

THANK YOU! My mother and gf never understand this!!! I've been tinkering around with tomahawks and my buddy and I made a very effective bow with PVC pipe and 550 cord. Plus the 125 lb German shepherd lol.

Top Bottom