• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pilotof727s

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2014
    New Palestine
    So I've looked into the Daltech Super Bio. I've never not owned a leather belt and am a little nervous about a polymer belt. Is it adequately stiff and will it last?

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    As far a leather is concerned Beltman is really really hard to beat. I just got a standard belt with no internal stiffener and it makes carrying a Steel Framed Commander 1911 very easy and comfortable.

https://www.thebeltman.net

If you want a "web belt" SOE is the way to go, everything else is just immitation. I have their EDC belt and it is akomst too stiff for my tastes.

https://www.originalsoegear.com

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    So I've looked into the Daltech Super Bio. I've never not owned a leather belt and am a little nervous about a polymer belt. Is it adequately stiff and will it last?

Mine is 4 years old. It's worn everyday. When I take it off, it's still straight as an arrow. It holds back a lot of weight too.

daventos

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 23, 2017
    Bedford
    Alien Gear/Bigfoot belts

I'm in need of a new gun belt. I've narrowed it down to the Alien gear gun belt or the 5.11 Arc or 5.11 casual. Pros and cons. What say ye INGO?
    I have the Bigfoot gun belt which is the same as the Alien Gear. If you check the address and phone number for both you see they match. Alien Gear markets their product under different names. Any how it is a really nice belt with a steel core that is comfortable and nice looking. I would definitely recommend them.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    It just occurred to me that though I wear my Daltech every day with my jeans I do have a 5.11 Tactical Series(whatever that is. Must be good since the word "tactical" is used:)) that I wear when I am taking a class or the rare case that I have shot a competition.

It seems to hold my stuff fine, but I only have one holster, one firearm and 2 mags on the opposite side. I'm not an operator.:):

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

As I stated earlier mine is nearly 3 years old and shows no wear, is still stiff and does not have that sag in the middle of the back that every other belt I've ever worn got.

The 5.11 was a bit stiffer and didn't develop a sag, but the leather outside scarred very badly and quickly.

I sweat like a race horse and the bio belt is the only one I've not rotted out in a couple of years.

Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Of your choices, I'd go with the Casual.

I have one as well. It's my (Rare) IWB carry belt.

But I'd also have you look into the Daltech Force SuperBioBelt. MANY INGOers have them and swear by them. https://www.daltechforce.com/collections/superbio-gun-belts

Personally have a nd LOVE the 5.11 ARC...great belt and cant ask for much more. Having said that, my next belt is going to be the SuperBioBelt as well! Don't have one yet, but a buddy does and he loves it!

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    +X on the Daltech Force Super Biobelt. Outstanding value. Stiff. Durable. Good hardware.

Also like how it's the same color all the way through - hides scratches well.

And, Daltech is an Indiana company.

Beachball42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2016
    Carmel
    I have the Alien Gear belt and really like it. The biggest issue for me was trying to figure out the size to get. I read up on the how to measure methods and also took an old casual belt from my fatter day's to help me figure out the size to order. Supports my Glock 26 just fine and I do have the Alien Gear 3.0 holster. I've also used it with my N82 Tactical holster and both work fine with it. Blends in with casual clothing well which is what I wanted. I've had it for about 8 months now and not showing any real sign of wear.

Nitro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 24, 2017
    Columbus
    I use a gun belt from Crossbreed Holsters. I like it a lot. It is thicker and wider. Really nice with an IWB holster for concealment purposes. I had a hard time figuring out what size to get but they give you a chart that helps. I guess it depends on what you want to use it for IWB or OWB or for competitions.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Recently purchased a Bigfoot belt w/ steel core. happy so far. No sag even when i carry all steel frame.

Personally, I'd be leery of a belt that had a steel stiffener in it.

Steel can and will rust. That MAY affect both the look of the belt and the performance. Granted, I'm sure the look of the belt would fall off way before the performance.

I know how "damp" my dual-layer leather belt gets after I've had it on all day in warm weather (carrying a holster or not). I can't say for sure that the moisture makes it all the way into the innards of the belt or not, but I know that I'd personally probably not want to chance getting fat guy sweat on the steel insert. Kydex stiffener? Sure. Go for it.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If you want the last belt you will ever buy then buy the soe edc belt with the cobra quick release buckle. Amazing.
    Also you'll never have to worry about having your gun flop over in the holster while you are taking a dump. Your belt will hold the shape and hold up your gun.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Personally, I'd be leery of a belt that had a steel stiffener in it.

Steel can and will rust. That MAY affect both the look of the belt and the performance. Granted, I'm sure the look of the belt would fall off way before the performance.

I know how "damp" my dual-layer leather belt gets after I've had it on all day in warm weather (carrying a holster or not). I can't say for sure that the moisture makes it all the way into the innards of the belt or not, but I know that I'd personally probably not want to chance getting fat guy sweat on the steel insert. Kydex stiffener? Sure. Go for it.

Im not much of a sweater, and this belt can go for my dress up days as well.

carry205

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2017
    Florissant
    Hello all, I ordered the Daltechforce black belt today, with INGO discount, came to $45.00. I spent nearly that six-seven months ago on a pricier belt from Kohl's, supposedly tougher....yeah right, started delaminating three weeks ago, and now is compromised, holes elongated, and severely scarred. So I was doing some reading here over the weekend, and after seeing all your reviews on this belt, decided to order. This belt should save me money in the long run. Should get it Thursday, I will let you folks know what I think of it, after using it every day for concealed carry and the few times I get gussied up when going out. Thanks for all your help.
    Of your choices, I'd go with the Casual.

I have one as well. It's my (Rare) IWB carry belt.

But I'd also have you look into the Daltech Force SuperBioBelt. MANY INGOers have them and swear by them. https://www.daltechforce.com/collections/superbio-gun-belts

ikendrick15

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2016
    Evansville
    Not sure if you are wanting a regular belt or a duty belt, but I'm using the 5.11 Sierra Bravo Duty Belt and love it so far. It's very rigid and since it is a dual belt set up you can take off the gear belt with ease.

Top Bottom