• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tgmorris99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Westfield
    I've recently picked up a couple of new 1911's via gunbroker as well as a few miscellaneous parts. As others have said, when shopping you need to take the total cost of the deal into account including shipping, ffl transfer, and any CC fees that may be involved. As almost all the GB postings state, if you have a question about the deal the time to ask is BEFORE you place a bid so there are no gotcha's after you wind up winning.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Do you ever sell firearms on there? I've been thinking about posting a rifle on there, just never shipped a firearm so not sure what is involved. And OP, I usually troll GB every night. the few experiences I've had have been good.

I have sold 3 firearms on GB. I learned the hardway, the very first rifle I sold, the winning bidder lived in Alaska. That's when I learned to write my auctions with higher shipping fees to Alaska and Hawaii (sp). Since I am not a dealer I include a photo copy of my DL, so that the receiving dealer can log it into his books. The hardest thing for me was finding a suitable box to ship rifles in. I have never sold a hand gun on GB.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Trolling for suckers

I do buy stuff on Gun Broker, but what makes me mad is low/no cost to sell.

Why? Because sellers list firearms or parts, set an astronomical starting price and then have "buy it now" for $1 more. :xmad:

THEN, when lo and behold, it doesn't sell, it's immediately relisted - exact same thing, over and over, until :hooked: they catch a sucker.

If you want to SELL, then list a low starting price and let people BID and fight for winning it! :draw:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    96 Transactions and no problems I will second the below statement from Patience0830!!

Things to watch.
    1)Sellers reputation.
    2)Shipping cost
    3) Your FFL's transfer fee

ANY of the three can really put you upside down in the deal.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]

ZachJ03

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I have sold 3 firearms on GB. I learned the hardway, the very first rifle I sold, the winning bidder lived in Alaska. That's when I learned to write my auctions with higher shipping fees to Alaska and Hawaii (sp). Since I am not a dealer I include a photo copy of my DL, so that the receiving dealer can log it into his books. The hardest thing for me was finding a suitable box to ship rifles in. I have never sold a hand gun on GB.

Who do you use for shipping? And do you contact to receiving FFL before shipping?

lpenni

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    I have used Gunbroker. My sale went thru Tin Star Shooting Range.
    They ship USPS if the FFL will accept USPS. I had no problems at
    all with the sale/transfer.

lpenni

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Seller will tell how he ships. Yes, contact and set up details with your transfer FFL.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Who do you use for shipping? And do you contact to receiving FFL before shipping?

USPS for shipping, with delivery confirmation, no I do not contact the receiving FFL. I contact the seller once I see it has been delivered to the receiving FFL. At that point I wait for feedback, once feedback is left I consider it done.

Last edited:

jotto

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    NW Indiana
    I've made one recent purchase and it went great with no issues. I was worried at first as well but after this transaction I would buy off it again with no worries. Just make sure the seller is well rated.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have only used Gunbroker one time and everything went very well. The only reason I used it is because the gun I was looking for was unavailable everywhere and I had been waiting for a couple months. Finally I couldn't wait anymore and found a deal on GB and went for it.

The seller I purchased from was great and had excellent communication.
    IMO, the experience has to do with the two parties involved. Research your seller, check their feedback and if anything just doesn't feel right to you or you are uncomfortable in any way just don't do it. To me GB is just the host that brought the buyer and seller together. I wouldn't necessarily blame GB for a bad experience, but the other party involved.

I was very hesitant at first as well and thought about it for several days before going for it.

Top Bottom