Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Meadows Shopping Center

2800 Poplar Street
    Terre Haute, IN 47803

Terre Haute police officer Jason Brentlinger said planning is still under way for what organizers hope to be an event at the Meadows Shopping Center tentatively scheduled for April 13. With money, organizers hope to raise in coming weeks, the group plans to purchase firearms from citizens with the intent to destroy the weapons. The all-day event will be coordinated in conjunction with Operation Medicine Cabinet, where residents can dispose of outdated drugs at no cost, Brentlinger said.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Just a thought here. Wouldn't it behove one or all of the local gun stores, or perhaps ones that are close to the buy back to start a full page advertising campaign stating that they will be (and always do) paying CASH for guns, and perhaps they run a special on that day that all persons bringing in a gun that they end up buying get a free shirt or something.

Good way for a dealer to fill up their empty shelves and help the PD at the same time.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Thanks for the information. I missed this one.

For those who are of a political mindset, they might want to use this information to let the VCRTA know their feelings about this matter:

President: Dave Fuller
    Phone: 812-877-7405 Address:1349 Watertree Rd. Terre Haute, IN 47803

(Not sure if it's true, but Terre Haute City ordinance defines the cheap crossbow pistols you buy off of Amazon and Ebay for less than $10 (even with shipping) as an airsoft pistol.)

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just checked with mapquest, and all of Meadows Shopping Center is within 1000 feet of the Woodrow Wilson Middle School grounds for the purpose of the GFSZ Act.

IC 35-47-2-7 makes it unlawful to sell to a person of suspicious criminal background, but not to buy from such a person. Prudence not with standing.

Bishop

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Waynetown Area
    This is just a publicity stunt to make the town officials look good. The Yankee Marshall talks about the buy backs he did while he was a cop. They get a few crappy guns from the buy back then go down to the station and pull some nice guns from the evidence room so the media can get their pictures and everyone is happy. Then the guns go back into the cage and no one knows the difference. Doesn't surprise me. I hope you guys do find some gems out there. Good luck.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I just checked with mapquest, and all of Meadows Shopping Center is within 1000 feet of the Woodrow Wilson Middle School grounds for the purpose of the GFSZ Act.

IC 35-47-2-7 makes it unlawful to sell to a person of suspicious criminal background, but not to buy from such a person. Prudence not with standing.

If it is within 1000 ft, then wouldn't most of the sellers be committing a crime?
    LTCH carriers are in the clear. But most sellers probably don't have one.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    DO they do some kind of ballistic recording or check the serials against stolen gun registries before they destroy the guns?

It would be so sad if a murder weapon was destroyed by the police. It would also be sad if some jerk stole one of my guns and sold it to the cops who promptly chopped it up and sold it for scrap.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    So if someone showed up with a (broken) BB pistol, would the agency still give the bringer-inner the dough? I mean, just come in acting like a dope and say, "My elderly neighbor lady asked me to help her clean out her garage and we found this GUN! She wanted to get rid of it and I thought this would be the safest place to bring it..."

Top Bottom