• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    “I learned that you shouldn’t have guns and stuff,” Tarence said. “It gives kids an education not to play with bad things.”

We are going to have to flood the streets with toy guns to counter this movement.

Gun buyback for kids? It's about toys... and pizza
    The idea was simple: Don’t let kids get used to firing weapons, even if they’re toys. “It makes them too comfortable, holding that gun,” said Leonard Lane, president of Fathers Armed Together to Help, Educate, Restore and Save. “Then there’s no fear holding the real gun when they get older. We want to put that fear back into our children, teaching them what guns can do, how they affect their community.”
    “A toy gun today, a real gun tomorrow,” said Charles Cina, owner of Bona Pizza. “That’s what we want to stop.”

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    Nerf gun as a kid = murderous adult?!?

The more I read these things the more I realized I must be behind on my body count. I must be such a disappointment!

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Nerf gun as a kid = murderous adult?!?

The more I read these things the more I realized I must be behind on my body count. I must be such a disappointment!

Funny remark to add to a sad story.

When I was a kid I was allowed to "play" with an unloaded 1911 and taught what its purposes were. I was taught safety and proper care of a firearm. Because of this I was never "curious" of guns, and had no urge to "play" with them on my onwn, in an unsafe environment. Now, I am an adult and a RESPONSIBLE gun owner. :twocents:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Good Lord.

Nothing beats shielding kids from knowledge and responsibility.

Why not teach kids how bad people effect the community, rather than focus on a single inanimate object? Oh, yeah. Because that's HARD. Scaring kids is much easier.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Good Lord.

Nothing beats shielding kids from knowledge and responsibility.

Why not teach kids how bad people effect the community, rather than focus on a single inanimate object? Oh, yeah. Because that's HARD. Scaring kids is much easier.
    I do everyday. I teach my kids that money they earn others relish to get by any means needed.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Does this mean there will be a genital buy back, after all if they have genitals, its just going to make them want to use them irresponsibly when they are older :dunno:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    They are RIGHT!!! I had lots of toy guns when I was a kid, and now that I'm an old guy, I really, really love my real guns.

I don't know that I've ever heard of people so afraid of inanimate objects before. And that dudes crappy pizza place is called "bona". I can here them now, "hey little boy, put that scary toy gun away and get some of this bona pizza"!:laugh:

newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Shame that is not around here...

I have tons of Broken Toys Guns that my Nieces and Nephews have destroyed...

I know right, maybe theyll trade us a couple of wings for a broken slide or shattered trigger group.

Atleast we can hope. :dunno:

Last edited:

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    Its funny how we place blame of objects. If the parents taught these kids right from wrong and about responsibility, gun violence would drop tremendously. Instead of blaming guns why don't we blame the deadbeat, ignorant, and typically "ghetto" groups of people that are raising these kids. And let the groups of us who were raised right and don't live in the "ghettos" alone. I will know step down from my soap box and stop ranting

Top Bottom