• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    You will have to change that now, ammo is the gold market.

The ammo thing has been slowing me down and I hate to admit it. Shooting my 10/22 and shotgun more. I would love to get my next 1911 in May. I will go on a scavenger hunt to stock up my 45.

BlueCow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    i am constantly searching/lusting too, so i ask myself "do i really NEED this, or just want this?" and then i look at things like practicability, is this going to be a carry gun or range toy or just eye candy that looks pretty but will spend most of its life inside a box, then i look at cost, reliability, ease of finding parts, warranty, field stripping process, reviews etc, etc,...and that really helps keep me grounded.

jspy5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Southern Marion County
    Several years back I was fortunate enough that whenever I seen something I wanted, I just went ahead and bought it. It was not ever a situation where it put me in any financial bind. I finally got to the point where I can honestly say that I wasn't interested in anything else. As a matter of fact I kind of put the whole gun thing on a back-burner for about 5-6 yrs. Fast forward to now and I'm starting to get that ole itch back again. The only difference is nowadays I just don't have the extra money and most anything I do have an interest in would be a considered a major purchase. Oh well, life goes on.:patriot:

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    I havent purchased a gun since the start of February. Before that it was in December and that was just a trade. It never ends the desire to buy guns. Once the gun bug hits you, you are screwed. LOL.

Good luck and stay smart!

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I have spent way too much money on guns. I now realized I should have bought one pistol, a shotgun, and one or two rifles. I should have bought a lot of ammo, took some training courses, and practice as often as I should. Unfortunately I have a nice collection of firearms without any ammo and without any real training. I am glad youtube is out there. Everything I learned about the basic principles of proper firearm handling came from the many helpful people on that site.

kkoger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    My problem is not only guns but accessories as well. Be it a tac vest, some molle pouches or holsters, ammo, anything AR platform related, all the way down to gloves and safety supplies. If its a deal at a steal of a price that I come across online I whip out the card and get that crap on its way. Heck most of the time late at night just cause I'm bored. It hasn't cost me any kind of financial gain but I feel like I have had 3-6 packages delivered each week over that past month or more that is just gun stuff. You are not alone my friend!

Last edited:

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    So does anyone else have the problem of just always wanting more guns? Since I've joined INGO every time I've been bored at work I get on and starting looking through the classifieds and get tempted lol. This has not been good on the bank account. I mean for about 1-2 months Friday night was gun deal night hahaha. Does anyone else have this medical condition

YUP! I go on the Classifieds, see the prices (say, a grand or more for a SIG TacOps!!!!:rolleyes: or any other gun you can get or order from your LGS) and go to the LGS and get them for way less.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Every time I think I get the addiction under control, I celebrate by buying another gun or two. I'd join a group to help with the addiction, but am sure that I'd end up with even more guns when we all got to talking and wandered over to the local gun shop.

I've got the needs covered, so now days I'm looking at wants. I'm really hoping to find an early 1911 somewhere at a reasonable price. I'd love to add a nice, worn blued 1911 to the collection. But, that would be my last one. I promise...

jcap412

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Greenwood,IN
    For me at first it was a simple Springfield XD 9 Sub compact that I purchased as a carry gun. Then I decided to build my own AR. Since december i've dropped a fair amount of coin, and I have two rifles to show for it. I now find myself wanting another couple handguns, and I haven't even began to think about shotguns.....:D

Top Bottom