• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    So...I decide to clean my Cabela's lefty Hawkin rifle, and I decide to run a dry cloth down it first, I run the cloth wad all the way to the end of the barrel right to the breech, try to pull it back through, and CRACK, the patch loop (plastic) breaks. So...........I know I've seen folks blow a shot or cleaning patch outwith compressed air, but its tight in there, and I really just dont see this working here. I can try, but I think I know the result. I would say it would be a pretty water tight seal, is there anything I can pour down the barrel to free up the patch wad, but not hurt my barrel insides??:dunno: I cant be the only one this has happened to, I really need some advice. Thanks!

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    get a patch remover. its designed just for this. or put a dap of super glue on the end of the rod and press it down the barrel til it dries then remove.

Thumper

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    South Indy
    I had one stuck and sprayed penetrating oil down the barrel removed the nipple fired up the air compressor.I let it soak about an hour muzzle up and used a blow gun with a rubber tip to seal it and blew it out with no problem.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    They make an attachment that uses a CO2 cartridge. It will blow a patched ball out of a barrel. Or get yourself a patch remover. It looks like a small wire snake. Insert it into the barrel, twist it a few times and remove.

Top Bottom