• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/08/21/nra-lobbyist-roadmap-gun-reform-227634

Holy crap. Road map to disaster. Rebrand. Redefine. Damn turncoat s.o.b. :xmad:

Bob

Hold on. You mean we oppose universal background checks because we don’t like the word “universal”? I don’t think he understands the issue as well as he thinks. It’s not just because we don’t want to become criminals for giving guns to family members. Of course that’s part of it. But there is a lot more to oppose about UBC than just the “U” part. Of great concern is the, “what’s next” part. Because there’s always a next.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I understand that if we give them UBC and ugly guns they will all shout Mission Accomplished and go away.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    They can never take my childhood away...

YbOEwJg.jpg

chemteach

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Plymouth
    The following was sent to Braun, Young and Walorski via email and will mailed snail-mail tomorrow:

Dear ( ),

As you are probably already aware, there are hundreds of laws already in place that regulate what firearms Indiana citizens may own, how these firearms can be used, and where these firearms can be taken. As you are already aware, criminals do not obey these laws and there is no reason to believe they will obey new and more restrictive laws. As you are already aware, new gun restrictions only serve to burden law abiding gun owners and make it tougher, if not prohibitive, for some citizens to own a firearm. Whether that be for hunting, sport shooting or personal defense. As you already know, using more gun control legislation to barter, compromise or use as "other" political leveraging would be seen as betraying those constituents, such as myself, who elected you into office in good faith that you will defend and support the tenets of our Constitution. I am asking, respectfully, that you oppose any and all gun control measures brought before the U.S. Senate (or House).

Without Wax,

(My Name)
    Legal U.S. Citizen and Voter

Last edited:
    Top Bottom