• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I found a few websites that will let you engrave the slide of your handgun (or any other kind of gun) with a laser.
    What do you think of that, have you done it or would you do it?

I think it could be nice to engrave your name on your gun, especially when you have a very popular gun like a Glock, XD, etc ... and where everybody owns the same black gun.

I guess it's just not such a great idea if you want to sale the gun after you engraved it.

You can also engrave something else besides a name, that would still make a gun unique and would be easier to sale the gun afterwards I think.

glocktoprear.jpg

Also would you buy a used gun that has been engraved?

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I'd do it....but I'm not into selling guns...only buying....and I'd really only do it to an otherwise plain old boring one such as a Glock, maybe a custom 1911

Nightwalker65

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2011
    Seymour
    If it were engraved with someone's name...I probably wouldn't buy it.....but something like the Glock in the pic,sure..(I've thought about CNC engraving flames on my 1911)

Jolfe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Muncie
    It looks just like a tatoo. It's not something I'd do to my guns, but then, beuty is in the eye of the beholder.:dunno:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I have owned a Couple of Pistols (Revolvers actually) that were engraved. I like the Old School Patterns Probably would not do something like the one Pictured above...

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I have plans to engrave one of my 1911s some day. I wouldn't engrave my name, just cause I think its tacky (unless it is for an SBR :) ). But if it was a commemorative gun or something I wouldn't have a problem putting a person's name on it. Like a gun for a buddy when he gets married or something, or a gun for a father who retires or a buddy who gets commissioned as an officer, or gets a purple heart etc. I don't have a problem with that kind of stuff if it says something cool. But flames and stuff like that just look dumb for me.
    The work I am planning for my 1911 is scroll work that blends with the grips... think Wanted

Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    I love the look of quality engraving, but the practical side of me thinks of the other toys and kit I could buy with the money the engraving would cost. Still, a custom engraved 1911 would be a heck of an heirloom to pass on.

revolvers&w

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Albany
    Grandchildren;s guns

I purchased guns on the day of each of my grandchildrens birth (ithought a reciept with their birthday would be cool) as gifts for their 21'st birthdays.
    I have debated the idea of having them engraved with their d.o.b and initials or names.
    Still got a little time too decide the oldest is not yet six.
    What do you guys think?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I love the look of quality engraving, but the practical side of me thinks of the other toys and kit I could buy with the money the engraving would cost. Still, a custom engraved 1911 would be a heck of an heirloom to pass on.

That's not that expensive.
    I found some sites that ask $25 for a name.
    Of course something like on that picture would cost more.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    9-11Glock%20website.JPG

This is another exemple.
    I think I already posted that picture a while ago, or saw it on INGO anyway, and some people said that they would never engrave something about 9/11 on a non-American gun, and that it was almost a shame to do that.
    I always thought it was silly to think like that.
    Glocks are used by most law enforcement agencies in the US, they are a symbol of freedom when used by the good guys.
    Also 9/11 is not just an American thing, the whole world remenbers.
    More than 300 non-US nationals where killed that day so I really dont see what the problem about engraving that on a Austrian made gun.
    Anyway it's not the point of that post, I just wanted to show another exemple of this kind of laser engraving.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Thanks
    Fortunate to have the resources.
    I thought that after the blankets, bottles, car seats, bibs, cribs, diapers, onesies and possibly me and grandma were gone these would be held close to the heart.

I think it's a great idea, I know some people who did it.
    Buying a gun just the very day your children or grand children where born.
    I

Top Bottom