• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    It happened in Castleton years ago at a Dicks or Galayans. Guy asked to see a shotgun, loaded a shell, and offed himself right there.

Same reason that Point Blank will not rent a gun to a shooter who is alone, shooting the first time.

For contrast, Point Blank has a new try any rental firearm with 5 free rounds free.

Talk about conflicting policies. :n00b:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Guess I'm a weirdo. I don't remember the last production gun I bought that didn't get some trigger work after buying? I don't even pull triggers anymore. Then again I rarely buy retail.

I get that. I usually do some work to mine also. I usually don't buy retail either. But I still want to get my finger on the trigger. I like to see how my finger fits into the trigger guard in relation to the frame size. Do I have a nice "C" shape with my finger? Does it feel cramped or like I have to reach a long ways to it?

I once bought a motorcycle without a test ride. I once bought a gun without handling it. Once being the key word.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    This is how I feel about buying a gun on line. I can't see how the fit is or feel the action. Not for me.
    I guess I'd buy a plastic gun as I don't expect that much as far as triggers, fit, and finish go. Naw, not even a plastic gun. I"ll buy local there as well.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    First time I asked to look at a handgun at Rural King... Guy wouldn't take the trigger lock off. Claimed it was "state law" to leave it on. I said, "I guess every other shop in the state must be in violation," he said, "yeah, they are." I'm new to IN, but is this an actual law? I can't find it. Because it was impossible to judge the action/trigger that way & they obviously lost a sale...

View attachment 62654

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Interesting...people love Rural King prices, but don't love the service. Coming from a former Rural King Gun Barn employee, the cost of your gun is directly related to the training and expertise of the personel behind the counter. There are a few exceptions... I was one... but most gun barn employees are NOT gun people. It is just the part of the store they were assigned to. What else do you think you will get at only minimum wage, a master gunsmith or top line competition shooter?

The only time I saw knowledgeable people in the gun area of the company were the part timers. Either 2nd job people or part time retirees who were already into the hobby.

I am just so glad my primary employment picked up so I don't need the 2nd job anymore. 70-75 hours a week wears you done after a while.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Interesting...people love Rural King prices, but don't love the service. Coming from a former Rural King Gun Barn employee, the cost of your gun is directly related to the training and expertise of the personel behind the counter. There are a few exceptions... I was one... but most gun barn employees are NOT gun people. It is just the part of the store they were assigned to. What else do you think you will get at only minimum wage, a master gunsmith or top line competition shooter?

The only time I saw knowledgeable people in the gun area of the company were the part timers. Either 2nd job people or part time retirees who were already into the hobby.

I am just so glad my primary employment picked up so I don't need the 2nd job anymore. 70-75 hours a week wears you done after a while.

I'm hoping to get there some day!

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    If I'm not mistaken, it DID happen, in a Rural King in Illinois just a few years back.
    Guy asked to see an AR15, loaded it and started spraying the store.
    I believe the current policy was adopted shortly thereafter.

Link / proof?

Sounds like "something I heard in a gun shop". Think about it - how long does it take to load an AR magazine by hand? Meanwhile, everyone in the store is just going to stand around and watch? And if he came in with magazines already loaded, then he probably already had an AR - who has magazines and ammo for a gun they don't own? And if he already had an AR and was inclined to spray the place, why buy a new one?

Absent a link that proves the story, critical thinking says it didn't happen that way.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    If I'm not mistaken, it DID happen, in a Rural King in Illinois just a few years back.

Link / proof?

Sounds like "something I heard in a gun shop". Think about it - how long does it take to load an AR magazine by hand? Meanwhile, everyone in the store is just going to stand around and watch? And if he came in with magazines already loaded, then he probably already had an AR - who has magazines and ammo for a gun they don't own? And if he already had an AR and was inclined to spray the place, why buy a new one?

Absent a link that proves the story, critical thinking says it didn't happen that way.

Yeah I missed that post.

Link or :bs:

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County

google says nothing of it......link???

Top Bottom