• ...and so much more!
  • indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    They may not allow offline saving of their programming. They have an "app" to do it which means they want control over content distribution.
    I hate that nearly everything requires an app now just to do what can be done through any browser based app. But if it's available from a browser then then anyone can "pirate" their stuff, sigh....

Thanks for the reps guys.

brentlacy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2018
    Rockville
    I gave Student of the Gun a listen. Didn't care for it. 50 min show, only 10 min dedicated to the title of the podcast. Seems like more of an infomercial for thier online stuff.

I'll give the others a listen this week.
    Understand. "Professor" Markle is an acquired taste. Lots of sponsorship. I do like the "Justified" Segment on Concealed Carry Podcast. Works off of DGU stories, good and bad...

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Understand. "Professor" Markle is an acquired taste. Lots of sponsorship. I do like the "Justified" Segment on Concealed Carry Podcast. Works off of DGU stories, good and bad...

I listened to the Concealed Carry Podcast and Black Man With a Gun yesterday. Both of those are good.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Paul Carlson/Safety Solutions Academy Podcast just posted the rest of "J-frame January"....."in August".

Last edited:

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    Those looking for a way to download and listen to podcasts might look at an app called CastBox. It's free to download the app (at least from Google Play Store). It allows you to subscribe to podcasts, which will notify you when a new one is available and (I think) automatically download it, if you so wish. You can either stream each episode or download them for offline playback. I know Guy's is available and The Gun Collective (I saw someone else had recommended it. I really enjoy that one!). Just a thought for those who don't want to pay for a subscription. You have to make a username/password, but it's free.

jimbob488

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    MERRILLVILLE INDIANA
    I really like the handgun world podcast and the roadgunner aka the unknown trucker

Unfortunately they are not making new content but it’s worth a listen. You can’t go wrong with Daniel Shaw either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    Kevin Brittingham (formerly of AAC, Sig, now Q) does the Q and Ass podcast, where he talks to industry people about the history of their companies. He’s done ones with Knights Armament and SB Tactical. Has an interesting perspective, may not be everyone’s cup of tea but I found it entertaining.

Zjhagens

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    The American warrior show is very good. Not everything is gun related but all self defense/training related.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I really like the handgun world podcast and the roadgunner aka the unknown trucker

Unfortunately they are not making new content but it’s worth a listen. You can’t go wrong with Daniel Shaw either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure why I didn't try it before but The Handgun World podcast is great!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    The Team VTEC podcast with Kyle Lamb is pretty dang good. I listened to one from 2017 when he had Charlie Daniels on. Wow.

RaoulHayduke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2018
    West of Indy
    Milsurp World Podcast is really good. The guys that run it have a YouTube channel of the same name that's pretty low in subscriber count compared to the other C&R big boys on the platform. It's equal parts informative and entertaining — they've really been knocking it out of the park with subject matter expert guests lately.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Two years bump.

If you watch the ASP, Active Self Protection YouTube channel, their podcast is very good. They interview some of the people that are in the videos they talk about and others that were in a self defense situation.

backtrail540

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    Angola, IN
    My current favorite is That Weems Guy by @jlw. Some of the best material/ discussions/guests out there, ime.

Also i enjoy The Off Duty On Duty podcast with Brian Eastridge, EvoSec podcast, Welcome to the Gunshow (South African show that is interesting), and Ballistic Radio on occasion.

With Deadly Force was good which was from Scotty Reitz and the Modern Samurai Project podcast was ok.

Top Bottom