• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    I'd love to see gun and ammo prices keep coming down. I didn't buy my first firearm until Sept 2020, so everything I've bought so far has been at inflated panic prices. I'm trying hard to convince my wife that as prices drop, it's good investment strategy to dollar-cost-average into several more guns and another truckload of ammo.
    :cool:

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Yeah, I can see the point as well with GB you have the reach and access to bigger money. I liked their store, tiny but good inventory but got tired of seeing everything good posted on their FB page with gunbroker links and all the cheap stuff posted for local sale.

But it makes sense as a business strategy. For more valuable firearms, you want to open them up to the wider entire-US market. And for rare ones, you need that larger market. For less valuable / more common ones, the cost of shipping, FFL transfer, gunbroker fees, etc... eats into the profit too much, so you want to sell local. I would imagine that if you offered to buy one of the gunbroker guns, they would sell them locally to you as well (as long as there weren't active bids on them).

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Next time I’m north of Indy, I might stop in and see if his prices have “tanked” to meet demand. Not gonna bet on it.

:)

Reactions: Mij

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    Next time I’m north of Indy, I might stop in and see if his prices have “tanked” to meet demand. Not gonna bet on it.

:)

In this case, I'm guessing "prices have tanked" actually means "we can no longer immediately sell every gun we get into the shop at any price we want to ask for it," like they could for the last 2 years.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    “I’m guessing” if the guy is making movies and posting them on the interwebs he means exactly what he says. JMO. I didn’t watch’em but thats my thoughts

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    “I’m guessing” if the guy is making movies and posting them on the interwebs he means exactly what he says. JMO. I didn’t watch’em but thats my thoughts
    Hold on.

Did you just say something to the effect of, "If it's on YouTube, it must be true?"

:lmfao:

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Hold on.

Did you just say something to the effect of, "If it's on YouTube, it must be true?"

:lmfao:
    Never thought of it that way, but I don’t do u tube (or any of those other www things) this (INGO) is my only social media experience. Good point though.

:lol2:

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Dire Straits = Mark Knopfler one of the best guitar players on the planet. Second only to Chet Atkins. Now I may have to watch. (Nope not gonna happen) Apologies to the op. for going off course.

:scratch:

Top Bottom