• ...and so much more!
  • Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Guessing he's referring to the Covid "stimulus" payments going out to everyone so they could go out and spend it.
    OK, got it. Never did understand that whole thing. 5 or 6 hundred bucks, how could that change anybody’s life. I do of course fully understand the cumulative effect on a national scale. Dumping billions of FRN’s into the system. Bad deal all the way around. Thanks for the clarification.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    OK, got it. Never did understand that whole thing. 5 or 6 hundred bucks, how could that change anybody’s life. I do of course fully understand the cumulative effect on a national scale. Dumping billions of FRN’s into the system. Bad deal all the way around. Thanks for the clarification.
    Yeah, kind of like Holcomb's taxpayer relief plan giving out an additional $200 tax refund. I have yet to get my $150 refund that we were promised. I don't know what the heck I'll do if I get them both. I mean, I'd like to think I'd remain the same humble person that I am now, but I dunno... $350... that kinda money can change a man.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Yeah, kind of like Holcomb's taxpayer relief plan giving out an additional $200 tax refund. I have yet to get my $150 refund that we were promised. I don't know what the heck I'll do if I get them both. I mean, I'd like to think I'd remain the same humble person that I am now, but I dunno... $350... that kinda money can change a man.
    At least that money is already in the economy and not freshly printed out of thin air.

Hope your windfall keeps you the same humble doggydaddy you’ve always been and you don’t get all hoyty toyty on us.

Will we all get that? I’ve (the boss) got my tax papers on my desk ready to go just haven’t taken them in yet. Should have done that yesterday.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Will we all get that? I’ve (the boss) got my tax papers on my desk ready to go just haven’t taken them in yet. Should have done that yesterday.
    Do you pay quarterly estimated tax? I'm not sure how it works with that. I'm a "file as soon as I get my W2's" kinda guy.

Mij

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Do you pay quarterly estimated tax? I'm not sure how it works with that. I'm a "file as soon as I get my W2's" kinda guy.
    Na, just take em in when the boss gets them put together. Quite a bit of work. we’ve never had them in on time, just another form to fill out. No big deal. Accountant handles that crap. But I’m thinking I can always use a spare case of bourbon. 350 oughta about do it. :)

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    At least that money is already in the economy and not freshly printed out of thin air.

Hope your windfall keeps you the same humble doggydaddy you’ve always been and you don’t get all hoyty toyty on us.

Except it's redistribution.

Would be more appropriate if govt returned a % of what we paid commensurate with our income tax rate... And sorry, for those who didn't end up paying any income tax, shouldn't get my money.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Na, just take em in when the boss gets them put together. Quite a bit of work. we’ve never had them in on time, just another form to fill out. No big deal. Accountant handles that crap. But I’m thinking I can always use a spare case of bourbon. 350 oughta about do it. :)

Ha! I'm guessing that's not for the top-shelf stuff. :@ya:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    But, but, but——- prices are falling or tanking ????:scratch:
    Just relax, think it through, and it will come to you…

What the heck does the cost of an antique or collector item (M1A or Python) have to do with gun prices in general? If one follows the classifieds you can see for yourself that Glocks, Shields, 10/22, etc. are all a good bit less than in 2020…

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Just relax, think it through, and it will come to you…

What the heck does the cost of an antique or collector item (M1A or Python) have to do with gun prices in general? If one follows the classifieds you can see for yourself that Glocks, Shields, 10/22, etc. are all a good bit less than in 2020…
    What does the classifieds have to do with the market? Still not seeing the $400 M&P-15s or $299 Shields anywhere. And Glocks prices haven’t exactly “tanked.” Down a little from 2020 panic pricing, but really just back to historical MSRP.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    What does the classifieds have to do with the market? Still not seeing the $400 M&P-15s or $299 Shields anywhere. And Glocks prices haven’t exactly “tanked.” Down a little from 2020 panic pricing, but really just back to historical MSRP.
    The classified are not part of the market? It is ridiculous to say the lowest prices ever are the market price. Prices are down or it is not moving in the classifieds…

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    The classified are not part of the market? It is ridiculous to say the lowest prices ever are the market price. Prices are down or it is not moving in the classifieds…
    What’s next, consumer good price indexes based on garage sales? Pretty sure the gun shop guy with the video was talking about the retail market.

The classifieds here lately are, at best, a cheap bastard barometer.

:):

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    What’s next, consumer good price indexes based on garage sales? Pretty sure the gun shop guy with the video was talking about the retail market.

The classifieds here lately are, at best, a cheap bastard barometer.

:):
    Please go back to your regularly scheduled programming…

Sylynsur

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2022
    Evansville
    I actually find this fascinating as everything seems to be rising hard and yet ammo and firearms seems to be going back to 2018 prices. Amazing

Top Bottom