• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nickman54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    My safe is garaged

I run a golden rod and have a 2 foot flurescent bulb that is always on. I personally would stay away from anything that draws moisture, such as a dessicant as most gun safes do not seal up well. The goal is to keep the safe warmer than the outside of the safe then you wont be able to condense on the guns.

seabassz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    Many safe manufacturers have add-on humidity control devices beyond cans of material that do a much better job control cancer. Temperature change only affects the humidity of the weapons sweating, so I've always felt the control devices work better. Had a safe in a garage for years and never had a problem. I also spend $3 each for silicone gun socks that each gun fits in. Old wool socks work well for pistols. Just my 2 cents.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I've got mine next to the garage. What bothers me is the proximity to my chisels, drills, crow bars, saws-all, torches, two wheel carts, sledgehammers, etc, etc.

In my old house the safe was in the kitchen, next to the attached garage. In the garage was a pair of bottles and a torch set. To avoid the obvious, I kept the adjusters for the regulators in the safe. You'll never get the torch lit without those.

Top Bottom