• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • poisonspyder

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Durango
    i have found that break free powder blaster will do the same thing. i stripped the paint off of a marlin 22 i have. it was a sad day for me because it was my first 22 i ever had. i still need to paint it again and think i will go the dura route as well. mine is a stainless model but had a painted reciver. i have a big sign on the can now saying do not use on paint to remind me. i guess i should just throw it out.

Brownie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Fayette county
    FWIW I stripped mine on purpose did a little polishing on the aluminum and clear coated it. I think it looks better now than it did when new. Plus nothin gunking up the innards:):

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    This has been talked about pretty extensively over at Rimfire Central ever since the new "stainless" and crinkle finishes and plastic trigger assemblies came out.

If you don't want to mess with Duracoating it yourself, Hoosier Gun Coat has a $50 special going on right now to refinish the receiver and trigger assembly.

It's a PITA that it's necessary, but it's not too bad of a project, honestly.

Top Bottom