• ...and so much more!
  • MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    My favorite is still the guy that won't sell glocks because they are trash, AK because it's a terrorist gun and builds tactical weapons for operators all over the world yet he is always manning his sales counter. Great entertainment in that guy!

Oh, as soon as I read this I knew exactly who you were talking about! Stopping in there was a half hour of my life I will never get back.

j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County
    Man, I must be going to the “boring” gun shops. I picked up a Glock 19 from my LGS in Anderson this morning and there were 4 guys working the counter who all seemed to know what they were talking about and taking great care of their customers.... guess that’s why they were selling guns instead of telling stories

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I was told today by a shop worker that RIA was discontinuing the 22TCM and then lowballing me on a trade value due to that. Despite my best efforts I can’t find anything about this being true. All while having one of the 22TCM combos in the display case for over a year, at the same price.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Man, I must be going to the “boring” gun shops. I picked up a Glock 19 from my LGS in Anderson this morning and there were 4 guys working the counter who all seemed to know what they were talking about and taking great care of their customers.... guess that’s why they were selling guns instead of telling stories 

That sounds like a very good experience at an LGS. Nothing to see here...

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I was at a Gander Mountain some years back and the kid behind the gun counter was trying to impress a young female customer. I overhead him tell her that the Ruger 22/45 was a nice starter pistol because you could shoot both 22 and 45 caliber shells through it.

Wait... Are you telling you can't do that?

Ouch Op, I had a similar issue at Bradis. I was looking for a specific part and when I asked I got a lecture on how that part is not in existence and when I explained that I had one in the truck and was looking for another one, the employee called another employee over and that employee started lecturing me on how the part does not exist and how I should listen to him because he had been in the army.

I would like to know what part this is that two separate people deny its existence!

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Ouch Op, I had a similar issue at Bradis. I was looking for a specific part and when I asked I got a lecture on how that part is not in existence and when I explained that I had one in the truck and was looking for another one, the employee called another employee over and that employee started lecturing me on how the part does not exist and how I should listen to him because he had been in the army.

Yes I'd like to know this part. If the counter drone was in the army, he would the SF4P and tell me it's not installed on 2 rifles I owned :): this is one of the reasons I don't make my runs there these days, and it's just minutes away.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    My favorite is still the guy that won't sell glocks because they are trash, AK because it's a terrorist gun and builds tactical weapons for operators all over the world yet he is always manning his sales counter. Great entertainment in that guy!

Must have met Rex lol!

Oh, as soon as I read this I knew exactly who you were talking about! Stopping in there was a half hour of my life I will never get back.

Surely by now this guy knows that he has earned a rightful position as one of the laughing stocks of gun community in Indiana. The question is, is he delusional and thus believes his own nonsense, or is he just stupid and chock-full of hubris?

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Been around, lots of BS coming from folks behind the counter here and there.
    Overwhelming amounts, daily...........from the consumer side.
    I'm just talking about their BS..........not the minor technical errors or having them do unsafe stuff.
    The avg person, shooter or not..........is a dumarse.
    Lesser intellect is countered by higher volume.

Poor kid asked LGS salesman about a TC Contender for deer hunting.
    Idiot nearby swooped in and said he had hundreds of Contender bbls and his favorite was a recent manufacture one in .270 Winchester.

Not Encore, he said most definitely a Contender.

Mrmeseeks

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 19, 2017
    Bloomington
    When I had my shop I if I didn't know something I told them, I am not familiar with that. Sport I do not know that much about the variations and such but I can disassemble and reassemble about everything.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

And another of many reasons I no longer pass through the doors at Bradis. Not happening any more. Lecture me on a proper 1911 and all I can do is :rofl: and leave.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Before you take any advice from a Death Merchant, you might want to see what classifications he may hold in any of the competitive sports?

Top Bottom