Gee come on, I would not have said that to his face

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Couple of thoughts:

#1 They played it the way the, y'know, script said to. and
    #2 They were going for "too stunned for words".

NO excuses for bad salesmanship.. If you can not handle success and know how to deal with it you should not be in that business..

Thus if a man has the B**ls to stock the big boy toys... have the B**ls to know how to sell them graciously..

As for reference.. That BAR (Monitor) retailed in in 1930s in the 300 dollar range.. About 6000 dollars in todays money. And that was just for one gun.. Just going to say it, when I drop that much in a store, do not care how shocked they are, a little friendly customer service will be expected.. And any one of you would expect, nay demand the same!!!!!

A good actor would have refused to play that part that way. His heart would have felt the role over the script... That is how Oscars are won.. (well Emmys in this case)

So it was bad enough we are excusing poor salesmanship, let us not also excuse poor acting just because the script said to do it that bad...

Last edited:

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    You know Indiucky, I have always been fascinated with that reconstructed shoot out.. Claimed to have been done just a few days later, but they got the number of shooters wrong. You will see that here they used a Real BAR.. No Monitor there..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLsDRX0jDWc

Here is fun little reenactment shooting, almost like one of those "You were there" shows of the 50s & 60s.. Yeah Yeah there are problems but I like how they tried real hard to spread out the shooters and show the movement of Clyde's car. If you ever visit that spot and if you get out of the car and stand in the shooters positions you will see that the distance is so close that this was real up close and personal. Also north of the shootout site there is a Bonnie & Clyde Museum in Gibsland LA. Its worth the stop because in the day that building was a restaurant. The morning of the shoot out Bonnie and Clyde stopped at it & picked up their last meal from there.

Skullglide

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 21, 2014
    Otterbein
    I hope to visit your shop next month indiucky. That gun shop is what I envision yours looks like. Just watch the show last night. It was pretty good. I enjoy that era. Very different world.

Top Bottom