• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    Bullet Hole (3 in Indy at one time), it's been about 13 years now.

^^+1000^^

I miss Jim, he was fun to BS with and he loved it when someone walked in and didn't know his rearend from a foxhole but would talk like he was an expert.

:laugh: Ornery old fart he was.

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    ^^+1000^^

I miss Jim, he was fun to BS with and he loved it when someone walked in and didn't know his rearend from a foxhole but would talk like he was an expert.

:laugh: Ornery old fart he was.

Yep, he played by his own rules that's for sure.:D He gave me a glock 19 back in when I turned 21, I think I am taking it shooting today;).

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Fetlas in Valpo use to be the trade/buy/sell place with guns hanging everywhere. Glass cases filled and trades, always something to look at. They had the best "lay away" program with a year to pay off a gun. When you have kids, house, cars, bills, tough to pony up $500.00 for a new or different pistol. Some of the employees were real characters, got quite a few laughs out of them, but they did try to sell the stuff.

hickuleas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    deep in the woods
    Brownie's Guns a little shop out of William(bill) Brown's house on the west side of Indpls. Miss ole Bill could buy a gun and his wife would fix lunch or supper for me now thats customer service.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Fetla's?? Yeah. I miss them like I miss Fred. Drove three hours to be jerked around on a 1187. Fool me once, shame on you. Never again darkened their door.
    Ludco? Honestly, yes. Fred was really starting to tone it down, and the other fellas he had working there were actually quite personable. And the selection? fuhgeddaboudit. I was honestly just thinking of posting a change in my position on Ludco's a couple of days before all the fun went down. Ah, well.

Almost forgot. I second Valley Grove. The owner struck me as a fairly straight shooter. I bought the "Pink Monster" Charter that I posted on here from him. Not the biggest place, but a great little shop with a little bit of everything. I did enjoy going in there, and would check with them before I bought anything of signifigance to see if they had it.

skyman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    The gunshop in downtown Crawfordsville that was on Green St. just north of Main St.with the Jackalope in the window!

b j

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    south side of indy
    The Gun Room emerson and 465 Gart did not have a lot of guns for sale.I learned to shoot there and we had leagues every week.We were in ther 3-4 times a week a lot of good times and people.

hueycrew

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Cabot
    Range Master in Chesterton. Really nice indoor range. Bought one used pistol there.

Shema's in Merrillville. Jim and Kathy are still around. Bought Kimber when he was closing up shop.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Galyan's

A lot of people didn't know that Galyan's had some of the best prices around Indy. I knew the guys at the Greenwood store well enough that they would call me when they were going to have a sale. I don't know how many guns I bought from them, probably close to a dozen, but I did get a couple of guns and three safes at half-price when they were going out of business. Neither Dick's nor Gander comes close.

Johnson

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Indiana
    The Gun Room emerson and 465 Gart did not have a lot of guns for sale.I learned to shoot there and we had leagues every week.We were in ther 3-4 times a week a lot of good times and people.

Yeah, I learned to shoot there also. I was only in 5th grade, and Mom would take me there to rent a gun and shoot. She knew NOTHING about guns, so Gary always helped me. Great times.

Top Bottom