• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Grant County
    +2 for Lengel's. Great bunch of people. Tremendous selection and accessories. If you wanted, Don would take you and your latest purchase out back and let you give it a try.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    "The Other Place", Lake of the Woods, IN.

Owner died at a very young age from heart attack on his way home from vacation.

That is the shop where I picked up my first handgun. S&W 686 for $325. I LOVE that gun.

Fetla's was nice for a couple years. They always had an interesting selection and they usually had a couple crates of milsurp rifles. Some prices were high and I think several of the employees may have been as well. Just listening to some of the customers, you'd usually leave having an interesting day for sure.

ilfishin

I don't like this
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    It was 10th and Main in Speedway....DUH!!! ;):laugh:

He was at 10th and Girl School Rd. first. Right behind the McDonald's. Bought my first handgun from him. One of the nicest guys I've ever had the pleasure to deal with. Moved to the Eastside shortly after but went back every now and then when I got the chance. Didn't know he had passed, truly sorry to hear that.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    For me it was Rendezvous in Greenfield. The guy always had Swiss K31's and plenty of GP11 ammo for sale. Not to mention the $5/box of surplus 8x56R I used to buy.... and he almost always had interesting surplus arms. Well.... he had a few less nearly every time I went in there.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    He was at 10th and Girl School Rd. first. Right behind the McDonald's. Bought my first handgun from him. One of the nicest guys I've ever had the pleasure to deal with. Moved to the Eastside shortly after but went back every now and then when I got the chance. Didn't know he had passed, truly sorry to hear that.

I would have bet the farm that he was always at Main/10th until your post above refreshed my memory :facepalm: That's getting back a bit before my time but I do remember him being in that little strip now that you mention it.

orange

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Gary! Not cool.
    Fetla's in Valparaiso used to be a really, really nice place. But it had been going downhill for years, the gun department especially becoming a sad joke before they finally closed up shop.

I also miss the Chesterton Rangemasters' shooting range. Still looked new the last time I visited it. Then I moved to Chicago, came back five years later and it's gone.

Shema's in Merrillville. Jim and Kathy are still around. Bought Kimber when he was closing up shop.
    That one I won't miss. All I remember about them now was extreme rudeness from the owners. One of my friends bought a ton of reloading equipment there and always excused it with "they're nice to me because I spend a lot of money there.."
    Me, I just decided to spend a lot of money somewhere else.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    +1 and when Warren was in Bloomington off Morton st in the 80's and early 90's.......oh almost forgot about Stanley's gun shop in Ellettsville and Craig's on 58/45...

When Warren owned Warren's in Bloomington, you could get some good deals. After Warren hornswaggled that guy in Switz City to buy his shop all the prices rose enormously. Stewart's in Bloomington, old Purcell's and new Purcell's, Jimmy Craig's....

Cannon762

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Gas City Area
    Ludco. Barely gone a week and it's already been a major inconvenience. The muncie area has almost nothing with a decent selection. Though Ludco's selection spoiled me...

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Though my favorite gun shop in NW Indiana is still open, in the Fishers area where I live I used to like Fishers Trading Company at 116th and Allisonville Rd in Fishers.
    It wasn't a large gun shop, Jerry Marsh sold me some guns and ammo over the years, and I enjoyed going in there.
    It closed some years back.

Top Bottom