• ...and so much more!
  • Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    I usually buy my guns on-line

I usually buy my guns from Buds Gun Shop (updated hourly), Impact Guns Online Store or Dpms firearms, panther arms, dpms panther arms, dpms, dpms firearms, dpms guns.

They always have better prices than the local shops.

We are in serious need of more indoor ranges in the Indianapolis area. I live in Noblesville. Are there any closer indoor ranges than Pop's guns. I like going to Pop's, but it's a 40 minute drive, they usually have a couple broken lanes and there is usually a line.

I've heard rumors of a large 24 lane indoor range coming to the northern Indianapolis area, but it is probably a year away.

Maybe we should open another one :)

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Cosner's is a really nice shop in Bedford. For those of us in Bloomington, it's the closest around.

Anybody interested in opening a gun shop in Bloomington? I'm sure it would be a nightmare trying to get past the red tape, but something in Ellettsville (near b-town) could work, especially with an indoor or outdoor range. My wife has two business degrees, and I've passed the idea by her, but she doesn't have anything to do with guns for the most part (I'm working on it but I'm a new gun owner myself). It just seems like a gold mine for someone who has a thorough knowledge of guns.

Not to dog the place you shop, but check around a little bit before you buy another gun there. Just a suggestion.

The last time I went in there, (a couple of years ago) his prices looked to be full retail, and maybe a little more. :n00b:

Of course, maybe things have changed, or he is willing to haggle. I didn't try, I simply hit the door when I saw the high $$ tags.

But if you were happy with the deal you got, then I am happy.

Luck!

Newg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Westside of Indy.
    Google Don's Guns Indiana for more info..... The absolute worst shop I have ever been to in any state. If you're a criminal though you can get your gun there.
    noway.gif
    noway.gif
    noway.gif
    noway.gif
    noway.gif

I agree Dons is worthless and wouldn't give them a dime of my money. I would also say they attract some of the shiftier folks in the world. But I would challenge you to provide proof that they are knowingly selling guns to criminals that walk through their doors. Until you can, comments like this are B.S.! It's just like when the media makes up their gun statistics!

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I have been doing all my business the last year or so with ZX Guns in Goshen. Just bought a case of .40 S&W yesterday there from Lisa.

NWI40cal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Hammond
    Well I love to support local businesses so, Ill go to Blythes in griffith first, then Debs, even though they have a small selection, they always have a pink gun, then if/when they dont have what I want, I go to cabelas. They have LOTS of eye candy. Pretty good gun selection too! :lmfao:

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    I cant believe I hadnt posted in this thread yet....:dunno:

I shop at: Bradis (used to p/t there), AAC, Bobs in Plainfield, Elmores and the defunct Albros.... But I in Mooresville area and these are close and they know me by name..... kind of like "Norm" at Cheers!!!

To answer an earlier question on Albros.... Randy messed it up. Didnt restock like he should of, invested in personal gear etc.... he didnt even liquidate like he said he was going to, the auction was also called off. He should have sold to Tacticalshotgunner: Ron and Patti......

Just my :twocents:,

bradp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Jamestown, IN
    I bought a Ruger 96-17 from a small gun shop (M&R) in Crawfordsville and he made me a good deal. I really missed it when he closed. I buy most of my stuff from Plainfield SS but like to go to Bradis too.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    I cant believe I hadnt posted in this thread yet....:dunno:

I shop at: Bradis (used to p/t there), AAC, Bobs in Plainfield, Elmores and the defunct Albros.... But I in Mooresville area and these are close and they know me by name..... kind of like "Norm" at Cheers!!!

To answer an earlier question on Albros.... Randy messed it up. Didnt restock like he should of, invested in personal gear etc.... he didnt even liquidate like he said he was going to, the auction was also called off. He should have sold to Tacticalshotgunner: Ron and Patti......

Just my :twocents:,

I thought the owner's name was Paul??? :dunno:

:cheers:

12bee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Midwest Gun Exchange-Mishawaka
    Midwest Gun and Range-Elkhart
    ZX Guns-Goshen

I usually shop in Elkhart because it's close to work, a couple others in Elkhart closed that I really liked was Guns Plus and Plinkers

DarkLight

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Thorntown
    I've used Applied Ballistics Systems Inc. in Lafayette for almost all of my online transfers for the past few years now.

Otherwise Sportsman's Warehouse also in Lafayette is a good place...especially for reloading supplies.

Top Bottom