• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BoomstickBuff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 31, 2011
    Noblesville
    God Bless the quiet, humble warriors, who willingly bear the "mark of Cain" so that I can sit here in my hometown and raise my family in peace.:patriot: I never served but I thank every vet I see for their service. I don't care if they were frying eggs, cleaning latrines, or typing in the office. They did more than I did and it takes many gears to keep the cog running that is our military.

^^ this. Couldn't agree more. Well said.

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Same applies for:
    SEALs
    Special Forces (Delta of course)
    LRRPs
    Marine Recon
    etc

Ran into a former "LRRP" the other day who was trying to tell me that SF/ Delta guys use hockey helmets. I said Really? He went on how well connected he was etc. After about 5 min told him that the almost 3 years I was in Iraq all I saw them wearing, as far as out of the ordinary, were things like the Crye "Airframe helmets. He got up and left. It was the best fun I've had at Christmas for a while:laugh6:

Bob
    ive read about the "hockey helmet" thing. They wore them in supposivly low risk opperations that may include building takedowns or the suck where they are more concerned with not clearing an overhang and bumping thier head to hard. This was during the 80's and 90's when thw kevlar helmets were really bulky and impractical for going into tight spaces like that. I think it really became mainstream belief because of the Delta operators wearing them in "Blackhawk Down"

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    in my experience most vets dont like to talk about it at all to civilians, but when they find out one of us "youngens" are in, they open up a little about it, maybe just trying to pass on some wisdom wich i greatly appreciate

Top Bottom