• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    First, I want to preface my comment by saying thank you to all who've served to protect my freedoms, and this is not a slam in anyway shape or form, just an observation/question.

Does every gunshop always have the obligatory "former sniper", working in, around the business? Maybe it's my imagination, but usually someone in any particular shop I'm browsing in, just happened to have a past career as a former sniper.

I'm not naming shops, locals, or persons, but as a kind of generalization for the period of time I've been a gun nut, which is a buncha years.

ryanbr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Logansport
    Lol, I know exactly what you mean. I am former Marine, not as lean or mean anymore. It is amazing how many snipers the Marine Corps has! I dont know how anything every got done, Meet so many Former Marines who were Snipers it is amazing! Oh by the way, I wasnt a sniper, just a lowly mortarman.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Lol, I know exactly what you mean. I am former Marine, not as lean or mean anymore. It is amazing how many snipers the Marine Corps has! I dont know how anything every got done, Meet so many Former Marines who were Snipers it is amazing! Oh by the way, I wasnt a sniper, just a lowly mortarman.

The Marines gotta have mortarmen!!:)

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    There is a guy that comes into our shop, and tells the same story.

Heart shot on a deer, 840 yards, standing.

With a muzzleloader.

U.S. Marine Scout Sniper.

Hooah.

Marcinko

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    I guess I ask all the wrong questions when I go to the gun shops. I am usually not asking about past job experiences so I have never ran across many Marine Snipers.
    Myself being an old Marine was 0331 Machine gunner. I guess they felt I needed the extra ammo to get the job done.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I was never in the Corps but they hired me and paid me millions as a guest sniper because I was so awesome. I once hit a guy at 1500 meters with a .22 derringer because my rifle got too hot from shooting the first 456 guys. The .22 was just sitting there with nowhere to go so I figured what the heck?!

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I was never in the Corps but they hired me and paid me millions as a guest sniper because I was so awesome. I once hit a guy at 1500 meters with a .22 derringer because my rifle got too hot from shooting the first 456 guys. The .22 was just sitting there with nowhere to go so I figured what the heck?!
    This is all a fabrication, it was 756 guys and it was a .17hmr. (shhhh mom, I'll be up in a minute! I'm busy on the interwebz!)

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I nailed a running mouse with my boot at about 15' a few months back. Best shot I've made in a while. The previous shot took out my son's keyboard from that distance. Practice and repetition is all it took for my marksmanship to come back after all these years.

Almost forgot...Semper Fi

Last edited:

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    I guess I ask all the wrong questions when I go to the gun shops. I am usually not asking about past job experiences so I have never ran across many Marine Snipers.
    Myself being an old Marine was 0331 Machine gunner. I guess they felt I needed the extra ammo to get the job done.

You don't have to ask questions, just listen and learn. They'll seek you out.:D

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit

This is all a fabrication, it was 756 guys and it was a .17hmr. (shhhh mom, I'll be up in a minute! I'm busy on the interwebz!)

I saw him do it but i really took that last shot with my Official Red Ryder BB gun. :rockwoot:

Pishahhhhh, that's nuthin'. I stayed at Holiday Inn Express the whole time I was "In Country". I once took a guy out with my Wrist Rocket slingshot from 2 clicks. Had to do it, my Kate jammed on all the .50 cal HE rounds I put through her (sniff) I'm gonna miss that rifle. Anyways, I only had one round left from her clip, did some dope conversion from my scope, twisted the slingshot band up real tight to keep that HE flyin straight, pulled back and let it fly.
    My spotter said he watched it arc over the hut the towel head was hiding' behind, then Klablow!, right between Haji's eyes.
    Best shot I ever made.

buzz815

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Shelby cty
    I see lots of former snipers at the range. Met one last year who couldnt get his 308 bolt gun sighted in at 50 yds. I asked if I could help and he said yes. I picked up the rifle and could feel that the scope wobbled all over the place. I tightened the scope and got him zeroed in, about 6 shots later. He must have missed his sniper class on scope mounting.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Same applies for:
    SEALs
    Special Forces (Delta of course)
    LRRPs
    Marine Recon
    etc

Ran into a former "LRRP" the other day who was trying to tell me that SF/ Delta guys use hockey helmets. I said Really? He went on how well connected he was etc. After about 5 min told him that the almost 3 years I was in Iraq all I saw them wearing, as far as out of the ordinary, were things like the Crye "Airframe helmets. He got up and left. It was the best fun I've had at Christmas for a while:laugh6:

Bob

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Same applies for:
    SEALs
    Special Forces (Delta of course)
    LRRPs
    Marine Recon
    etc

Ran into a former "LRRP" the other day who was trying to tell me that SF/ Delta guys use hockey helmets. I said Really? He went on how well connected he was etc. After about 5 min told him that the almost 3 years I was in Iraq all I saw them wearing, as far as out of the ordinary, were things like the Crye "Airframe helmets. He got up and left. It was the best fun I've had at Christmas for a while:laugh6:

Bob

You beat me to it. There's always a former SEAL lurking around!

Top Bottom