• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Dave's in Holland actually just north of I-64 is a nice place, decently stocked,good folks. Prices aren't real good but not game show either. Jeff Miley in Jasper has a nice little shop and gets in interesting trades that he resells at good prices. Great Outdoors in Jasper also has a small,but decent gun selection at pretty good prices. All these folks have been good to deal with in my experience.

I buy a lot of used guns from Jeff's. He usually has something neat that someone has just drug in and sold for cash. A lot of times, they are still unfired, or darn close to it.........

I bought a LNIB Colt Detective snub from him a couple of weeks ago.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Who in SW Indiana can match Whittaker Guns? Just about everyone I've talked to in the Evansville area say it's worth your time to drive down to Whittaker's.

Whitt's do have some of the lowest prices of any shop in this area. However, you'll have to transfer any handgun if you're any Indiana res , they do have a guy in Evansville who drives over on Sat and brings the handguns to E-ville so you won't have to pay shipping but you will have to drive to Evansville to get it.
    It's usually very busy on Saturday, like at a McDonald's on buy, one get one free day.
    If you go ,the used guns ( price tag ending in .00) are tax included in price. Gun prices ending in .99 have tax yet to be added.
    So if it ends in .00 that's the OTD price.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    I went into Cosner's the first time, and it seemed like they were a little short with me, but I get that a lot cause I'm in my early 20's (Rodney Dangerfield...no respect) But the last few times I've been in there theyve been pretty nice. I've bought a .22 pistol, and some mags and ammo there.

Cabin Fever has a good rep in Southern,IN , as well as Ace Hardware in Scottsburg. They have a nice selction of pocket guns and such.

Where around in Southern IN has the best deals and selction on duty gear???

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I buy a lot of used guns from Jeff's. He usually has something neat that someone has just drug in and sold for cash. A lot of times, they are still unfired, or darn close to it.........

I bought a LNIB Colt Detective snub from him a couple of weeks ago.

Jeff's is probably my favorite gun shop to shop at. I always go through him first when looking for a gun. If he cant get it (which is rare), I go to Dave's. They're both extremely friendly and great people to do business with.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I went into Cosner's the first time, and it seemed like they were a little short with me, but I get that a lot cause I'm in my early 20's (Rodney Dangerfield...no respect) But the last few times I've been in there theyve been pretty nice. I've bought a .22 pistol, and some mags and ammo there.

I go into Cosner's once in a while and over the years I've bought a couple of guns from them. Usually when I want to try some new powder and don't want to wait for my next big hazmat order. They know me on sight and I've found their customer service to be completely random. Sometimes they are really nice and will take the time and other times they are rude to the point of hostility. I once walked in ready to purchase a new Rem700 they had and they were rude to me the instant I walked in, so I walked right out, drove up to Bradis and paid $75 less for the same gun. Before Christmas I went in to look at Buckmarks as I wanted to get one for the GF for a present, and I knew their price as I had called the day before. I was going to buy from them as they were only $20 more than Acme Sports in Seymour but the guy snarled at me when I asked to see it, so again, I walked right out and drove over to Seymour. Cost me more in gas and time but the folks over at Bradis and Acme always act as if my business is important to them.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Whitt's do have some of the lowest prices of any shop in this area. However, you'll have to transfer any handgun if you're any Indiana res , they do have a guy in Evansville who drives over on Sat and brings the handguns to E-ville so you won't have to pay shipping but you will have to drive to Evansville to get it.
    It's usually very busy on Saturday, like at a McDonald's on buy, one get one free day.
    If you go ,the used guns ( price tag ending in .00) are tax included in price. Gun prices ending in .99 have tax yet to be added.
    So if it ends in .00 that's the OTD price.

Thanks for the info.. Do you know what the FFL guy charges?

PS.. My Mom lives in Perry County.. Bristol.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I was told that gander mountain would match whittakers.

I'll go in there later today and ask.

I've already been by GM.. Thy didn't have what I wanted.. also I didn't really appreciate that a kid younger than my son was trying to tell me what gun to buy...:ar15:

Don't think I'll go back there.. but thanks for the info..

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Jeff's is probably my favorite gun shop to shop at. I always go through him first when looking for a gun. If he cant get it (which is rare), I go to Dave's. They're both extremely friendly and great people to do business with.

Yeah, I love to shop there. Have bought a lot of guns from Jeff.
    May have even see you in there, as I'm right down the road from you, in French Lick.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Lol. I thought about you and revolvers, when I saw it........

I couldn't resist it!

It was a sweetie! This is probably common knowledge but JIC not Jeff lists much of ( but not all ) his inventory on Gunbroker:
    advanced search " by seller" for mileysguns will bring his listings up.

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    There is a new gun shop in the E'ville area, it called Right to Bear Arms.
    It is in Haubstadt IN just north of Evansville on hwy 41 a little north of the race track. They have a full line of guns and bows, and he does good gun smithing too. I like him because he only charges $15 to do a transfer.
    He is on-line if you want to give him a look.:yesway:

https://righttobeararms.us/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?display=home

Right to Bear Arms
    265 E 925 S
    Haubstadt, IN 47639
    812-768-5566

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    It was a sweetie! This is probably common knowledge but JIC not Jeff lists much of ( but not all ) his inventory on Gunbroker:
    advanced search " by seller" for mileysguns will bring his listings up.

Yes. I usually check his listings on Gunbroker. But he seems to be listing less then what he used to. He told me selling locally is less of a pain, especially when things are moving well............

Warlock254

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012
    Washington County
    We started messing with guns at Haub Hardware - Premier Rental & Outdoor. It's in Palmyra, IN. Gun World, Triple G, and Orion's are all great stores. Also check out Brands Guns in Pekin and Guns, Knives & More in Paoli. Never been to The Paoli store but i've heard good things.

sdh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    4 Corners
    There is a new gun and archery store with an indoor gun and archery range on the way between Seymour and North Vernon on Highway 50. It is called Accuracy Unlimited. Address 900 South County Road 900 West , North Vernon, IN 47265 phone 812-524-8524

Top Bottom