• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Oh, I took care of the change jar cashing in. Just opened an account at the credit union that has a branch in the building where I work, as well as one here on the southside (which I use regularly, just wasn't a member there). Opened the account, then went out to the car and got my change jar. You can use their coin machine for free if you're a member. 10% fee for non-members. So I saved about 11 bucks in fees right off the bat! I'm rich! Rich I tell ya! :rockwoot:

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Oh, I took care of the change jar cashing in. Just opened an account at the credit union that has a branch in the building where I work, as well as one here on the southside (which I use regularly, just wasn't a member there). Opened the account, then went out to the car and got my change jar. You can use their coin machine for free if you're a member. 10% fee for non-members. So I saved about 11 bucks in fees right off the bat! I'm rich! Rich I tell ya! :rockwoot:[

/QUOTE]

Gee thats like eating money and gun money combined..

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I thought it was a good little show. Didn't find anything to follow me home, but there was a lot to look at, especially for older guns. Tons of older revolvers in all flavors. Not a ton of milsurp, but lots of older sporting guns.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    I thought it was a good little show. Didn't find anything to follow me home, but there was a lot to look at, especially for older guns. Tons of older revolvers in all flavors. Not a ton of milsurp, but lots of older sporting guns.

Got there a little late.. There was a lot of cool walk in guns. Also alot of nice guns at the show.. There was a guy in the middle of the front row when you walked in that had a lot of mil Surp rifles. He had a real nice Turk commission rifle, pretty fairly priced.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    There were 2 there. This one had the polychoke on it. The polychoke was aftermarket. Made in 1949. Had to wait around for the owner to call back to make a deal. Worth the wait to me.

Oh, okay, then maybe I didn't see yours. I don't think the one I'm remembering had the poly choke on it. Love the old 37's, and have one in 12 gauge... slam fires! :rockwoot:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I was visiting family down there so we popped in for a bit, it wasn't a bad little show, better than our Greenfield show. A lot of the vendors were pretty proud of their stuff (maybe they just built in wiggle room to get down to what they really want but if it's crazy to start i'm not even trying) but there were some deals to be found. I saw a nice M10 snub for 450.00, a very nice Ruger SS speed or service six and several others. That guy with all the nice S&W and Colts was there still not selling anything lol. He did have an exc cond M65 3 inch RB though for 750.00 which actually was a good deal, I was following one on gunbroker that already went over 900.00. I was a little irritated with some tables where you first walk in, they had some interesting guns but nothing was priced, with no initial prices i'm not going to even bother.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I was visiting family down there so we popped in for a bit, it wasn't a bad little show, better than our Greenfield show. A lot of the vendors were pretty proud of their stuff (maybe they just built in wiggle room to get down to what they really want but if it's crazy to start i'm not even trying) but there were some deals to be found. I saw a nice M10 snub for 450.00, a very nice Ruger SS speed or service six and several others. That guy with all the nice S&W and Colts was there still not selling anything lol. He did have an exc cond M65 3 inch RB though for 750.00 which actually was a good deal, I was following one on gunbroker that already went over 900.00. I was a little irritated with some tables where you first walk in, they had some interesting guns but nothing was priced, with no initial prices i'm not going to even bother.
    That bugs me too. They took the time to label what the guns were, but couldn't be bothered to put a price on them? I figured it was like those restaurants that don't put prices on the menu... if you have to ask, you can't afford it. :rolleyes:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    That bugs me too. They took the time to label what the guns were, but couldn't be bothered to put a price on them? I figured it was like those restaurants that don't put prices on the menu... if you have to ask, you can't afford it. :rolleyes:

That first group of tables to the left with all the long guns, yes, nicely labeled but no prices. I saw a very nice Savage 340 in 30-30, my grandfather had one of those and I always liked them. I was going to actually ask about that one but I didn't even see anyone at the time working the tables!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That first group of tables to the left with all the long guns, yes, nicely labeled but no prices. I saw a very nice Savage 340 in 30-30, my grandfather had one of those and I always liked them. I was going to actually ask about that one but I didn't even see anyone at the time working the tables!

He had a nice little Italian (Pedersoli maybe?) baby Sharps clone in .357 that was really nice looking, but again, no price, so I didn't ask. Would've been a fun little rifle though.

ETA: It was an Uberti, not Pedersoli. Just remembered.

Last edited:

joncon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Bartholomew County
    Nice show. The guy with all the S&W's and Colts, bought a Colt Diamondback from me Friday while I was setting up. Lots of people Saturday, Sunday was light though. George has another show there February 1-2

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011

You get so thilly over that.. Just embrace it and learn to look at no priced items as an opportunity.. After all if the item was at a low ball bargain price and he put the price on it, it would be gone and you never would have seen it.

At least now you have a chance. Also if you want to take your frustration out on those that do that... Well there is the old game "How much is that?...how much is that? .. How much is that?.. (multiplied by the number of items plus a few reasks) Of course it is a gun show and there is some risk of pushing someone over the edge with that.

I like no prices on guns at a show. It can be show he is a old crusty dealer that you will freeze in hell before you can get a deal from.. Or someone cleaning out the closet to make room and just wants this junk gone.. I let it up to the salemanship of the seller to convince me which he is..

For me personally the main thing I look for is rather the dealer believes in a world of abundance or a world of scarcity..

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    He was asking $700 for it.

Holy crap! :faint: So my theory was right... If I have to ask, I can't afford it. To be fair, I have no idea if that's a reasonable price or not for what it is, but to me it's not. It's a single shot. And a fake one at that. I might consider 300 or maybe tree-fiddy, tops. Hell, you can still get a Garand from CMP for not much more than that. It'd be a cold day in hell before I'd pay that much for an imitation single shot gun.

Last edited:

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    He had a nice little Italian (Pedersoli maybe?) baby Sharps clone in .357 that was really nice looking, but again, no price, so I didn't ask. Would've been a fun little rifle though.

ETA: It was an Uberti, not Pedersoli. Just remembered.

Was it Sharps or a Rolling block???

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Carry ins are where it's at. Dealers have to make money. If it's something you want, make a fair offer. You should always look at what people are carrying in to sell or trade. You might get lucky.

Top Bottom