• jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    It is ALL unconstitutional.

The federal government is restricted from infringing on a citizen's right to keep and bear arms.

The federal government is restricted from acting on powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States. All other powers are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people. Note that is powers, not Rights, a more broad restriction.

Regardless of the perversions which have been applied to the plain text of Article I section VIII, item 3 there is no basis in the contemporaneous text and law for the federal government to interfere or regulate intrastate commerce. Simply put a transaction between two residents of a State is NO business of the federal government. "To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;"; NOT within a State.

We as citizens need to stop permitting our employees, elected or Hired, to violate our rights or the restrictions of the Constitution.

/Rant/

ShotgunGuitarist

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2024
    Nashville, IN
    I’m still confused, it seems like this would effectively outlaw the use of classifieds to sell guns without ffl transfer. It might still be legal if you know someone, close friends or something. When does this go into effect? I’ve literally traded hundreds of guns over the years on armslist and like websites. Especially before Armslist was a pay site. I never did it for money. It was always to fine tune my collection, trade for something that peaked my interest at the time, or upgrade. Honestly I’ve always known that the days of meeting people in the middle of the night at Walmart parking lots to trade guns was probably numbered…. I’m still bummed about it because it is such a fun hobby for me. Having to meet at a gun shop to fill out forms makes it less fun, and will definitely prohibit some people just due to scheduling. And I’m guessing the shops will take advantage and their rates will go up.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    Not really sure how any of these entities are able to make laws since only congress has the power to make federal laws.
    You’re telling me… CMS released a 1700 and 1300 page ACA and Medicare final rule for this year.

That’s after 100s of other pages of final rules (not laws) that they released during the year.

All are enforceable by law somehow.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    The very definition of "engaged in business" IS being expanded by this new rule.

I think there were some republicans crossed party lines and voted with the democrats to allow the alphabet soup to be able to make theses changes.
    That is because some "Republicans" are actually Democrats, getting elected in a generally "red" area. We call them Rhinos, as I am sure you already know.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I didn't know there was such a thing as a gun show loophole. I always thought they were held in accordance to written law. What is this loophole and what did it allow?
    Exactly...what is this so-called 'Gun Show Loophole' that the left keeps talking about...will someone please explain it to me?
    Everyone who purchases from a licensed dealer (FFL) at a gun show has to got through the same NICS background check the same way they have to when they purchase from a store! Anything else is a 'private purchase' the same way we do via the classified ads.
    It's just another one of those mythical liberal phrases that is designed to create an excuse on how to generate more anti-gun laws that only work against law-abiding citizens!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I would use the Indiana Lawyer to line my bird's cage, if only it were printed.
    It is, but I suspect my 75 year old partner in the next office is the only lawyer in Indiana who subscribes to the print edition. I'm not a fan of the reporting, but the fact that it doesn't have a comment section has allowed me to keep my license.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Pretty much. They're just cracking down on people who buy with the intent to sell for profit without having an ffl
    until they again change their definitions. Again. If you really think this isn't another step to control all firearm sales in the future you're delusional.

Top Bottom