• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DesertDoc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I once lost a gun that i thought was stolen only 2 find it in my truck while i was freaking out. it had slid down between the seats. after that i bought a good safe to prevent this in the future.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    well I have to say I feel a lot better seeing that I am not the only one that has had this happen too...:D Does anyone know if the types of safes you actually install into your wall are any good? If so what brands are best?

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Just wanted to update, that while I was looking for a pair of my work boots in my closet I found my 26 in it's holster in the right side back corner of my closet, I dunno how it got back there unless it fell from my shelf but yeah I found it..:facepalm:

However I am still looking for a safe due to the recent events. Thinking about getting a Stack On from work.

Make sure you call the cops and inform them that is was found. Also call your friends and apologize to them for the accusations/suspicions. Glad you found the thing. Still haven't found mine.... :dunno:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Ha. I once reported a gun stolen, only to find it several weeks later. I tore the house apart. Glad it turned up for you!

I too felt like a dumbass...

A good lesson though, never have unsecured weapons around when folks are visiting. It saves both the weapon from being stolen, and from you falsely accusing people when a weapon is missing and turns up later.

:yesway: AND It also prevents someone (friend, kid, parent ...) who's at your house from shooting himself/herself when he/she finds out your loaded gun in a drawer and gets curious about it, holds it and BANG!.
    The should always be secured in a safe when not on your person, either when you have people over at the house or when you are outside.
    You dont want to be facing someone armed with your own gun when you come back home.

BulkAmmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2010
    Glad to hear that you've found your firearm. I've been following this forum since you first posted. Glad to hear you didn't have to lose any friends over it.

I would search around for a good safe to avoid this issue happening again.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Thanks, I am glad I found it as well....:D But yeah I am still looking at different safes.. but the one's I want seem to big for my house... well in the sense that there is no room to put it anywhere....:):

GeneralCarver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    Invite them all back over. Say NOTHING of the gun. See which one does not show back up. That might give you a clue as to who took it. Also... GET NEW FRIENDS.

edit.. oh, i c u found it. nvm.

Top Bottom