• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sajer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    It's really not as much fun as you think it might be. Sure , you get to finger a bunch of guns and talk smack all day about cool stuff , but after awhile it get old dealing with the idiots.

( Seven years selling at LGS)

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Well, that's anywhere in retail....but at least there's guns.

Many years in retail has intensified my dislike for people in general. Working in a gun store is no different. I could tell stories of loaded guns pointed at me, guns discharged into the floor because some jack wagon wanted to try out holsters with his loaded gun, and about every possible stupid question you can think of.

But it I will say that the relationships you build with the good customers at a gun store just about make up for all the bad parts. I haven’t worked at a gun store in about 5 years and I still have friends from my gun store days.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Is there any legal requirements besides the obvious ones that you can't probably be a convicted felon, have to be over 21 etc?

I guess if you're just an employee you don't need a FFL, right?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Is there any legal requirements besides the obvious ones that you can't probably be a convicted felon, have to be over 21 etc?

I guess if you're just an employee you don't need a FFL, right?
    You dont have to be 21. You cant be a convicted fellon though. If you cant purchase a gun through NICS i dont think you can really work at a shop but im sure some shops will just let whoever they want work there.
    No employees do not need an FFL. They fall under the owners FFL while doing work at the shop, so repairs on guns ect.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    You dont have to be 21. You cant be a convicted fellon though. If you cant purchase a gun through NICS i dont think you can really work at a shop but im sure some shops will just let whoever they want work there.
    No employees do not need an FFL. They fall under the owners FFL while doing work at the shop, so repairs on guns ect.

For actually working on guns (and not just selling them) you don't need any gunsmith traninig/certification?

My knowledge of American gun stores only comes from watching brilliant TV shows like Sons of Guns, and American guns lol Both owners now lost their FFL and are in jail I believe.

Well I did visit a gun store in person in Indy, that was quite interesting.Very friendly dude.
    And very different from gun stores we have over here in France.
    Surprisingly enough you find more European guns in a US gun store than in a European gun store.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    For actually working on guns (and not just selling them) you don't need any gunsmith traninig/certification?

My knowledge of American gun stores only comes from watching brilliant TV shows like Sons of Guns, and American guns lol Both owners now lost their FFL and are in jail I believe.

Well I did visit a gun store in person in Indy, that was quite interesting.Very friendly dude.
    And very different from gun stores we have over here in France.
    Surprisingly enough you find more European guns in a US gun store than in a European gun store.
    Nope there is no gunsmith license in Indiana. Anyone can and does work on them at shops. There are actual trained gunsmiths around in business though. They are required by the ATF to have an FFL

Top Bottom