• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    That's because you don't have a "normal" gun shop- one of the finer qualities about it, if I say so myself. :rockwoot:

But that is why I opened a gun shop. The last "real" job I had used to really frown on that.:DMy customers actually like to see whatever I brought from home for "Show and Tell" that day.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Guess I'm lucky............

My gun guy is courteous, easy going, and willing to show you any firearm, or answer any question he knows the answer to............

I have seen him become exasperated with certain exasperating customers. I would have been irritated as well had I been in his shoes..........

I simply don't spend my $ at shops who treat me shabbily.

Movealongmovealong

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Bloomington
    This. I had an old man at a local gun shop which will go un-named chew me out about how they are only certified to install sights on Glocks and anything else would be illegal when all I was trying to do was ask if they CARRIED a different sight, I never asked him to install anything.

Don't confuse attitude with dementia.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Guess I'm lucky............

My gun guy is courteous, easy going, and willing to show you any firearm, or answer any question he knows the answer to............

I have seen him become exasperated with certain exasperating customers. I would have been irritated as well had I been in his shoes..........

I simply don't spend my $ at shops who treat me shabbily.

In south-central IN, eh? Out if curiosity, who's your guy?

bigtex

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Don't bore sight in a rifle on a bench that points right at the FRONT DOOR. As soon as I walked in and saw that I aimed at me, I ducked and rolled - thinking it was loaded!

No apology, no change of direction. They kept right at it while the next 5 customers walked in.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    How 'bout other customers STFU when a salesman is dealing with another person.

Too many IMHO are loud and stupid, offer incorrect info to counter what the salespeople (and customer at hand) know.

Junk science and outright lies, hear a bunch of that stuff.

When delivered in countering what the saleperson/other customer has said.........isn't that then calling them liars and or stupid?

If you are not asked for an opinion, don't offer one.

And if asked and yours differs, deliver it in a polite manner.

THINK before you speak.

I liked some customers, but enough were idiots to where the job got sour fast (outside of the macho crap and loaded guns pointed at me). Better to be the guy in the back that fixes stuff IMHO.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Yeah, bows so fast they shoot one pin to 40 yards (these guys never shoot local 3D match, IBO or even static indoor 20 yard stuff).

.44 mag rifles dropping all deer in their tracks, with gaping holes in the lungs (but then wouldn't that mean spine or head shot, what with them dropping EVERYTIME "in their tracks") ????

Or how .22 is good enough for home defense, esp when using .22 birdshot shells, why it's like a "mini shotgun" hitting them.

Customers yelling at me, store super busy......because my hammer was back on my carried 1911. Twice in two weeks, two different soldiers, felt the need to "correct me" in a an attempted humiliating manner, in front of a bunch of other people.

It's bad enough in the off season, but come hunting season more 'tards visit the shops.

Love the guys who yell loudly so every other customer can hear how they can save $2 by ordering the same stuff from Basspro.

Or the guys who call on the phone wanting a Blue Book value on a possible purchase.........like we are some free Blue Book service.

The amount of rudeness, plain ignorance and stupidity, of John Q Public is amazing. But hey, when you're behind the counter, they think you have to not only tolerate a great portion of it, but also believe it.

Had a 629, in good shape. Customer looks at it, claims abuse due to topsctrap cut. I explained that light bullets and ball powder at max charge can leave such a mark in a low round count. He called me a liar.

I asked if he shot a specific load, he did not.

Told him I did, and that gun had no mark on it until I put 100 rounds of that load through it, as it was my friggin' gun, had no mark when I started.

He shut up, but offered no apology, par for the course.

Want to ruin a hobby? Make it a job that deals with the public.

toad

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    northern MI
    when I walk into our local gun shop. the guy says,Hi, how ya doing today? if I can help you with anything, just ask. I like that. Some shops treat you like there doing you a favor by selling to you.

Top Bottom