• ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Um.... Everyone loves art in some form, and most people like the Prius... The government just shouldn't be stealing money from some to give to others so they can create/buy these things. That is why even a "Pro-Gun" Democrat is a reasonably bad vote to someone who values freedom/liberty/personal responsibility/etc.

Most Republicans seem to be just as bad, so no free pass for them either.

On a side note I would totally drive a Prius if I could get a used one in good shape for under $4000. If I wanted to buy a car that paid for itself though, I would buy a Geo Metro or a mid-early 90's Honda Civic and get as-good or better mileage than the Prius.

My 1971 Datsun 1200 got over 30 mpg the last time I saw it in 1987. My 81 Reliant got 40 mph on the highway for a number of years.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    THIS.

I cannot emphasize this enough. Do NOT EVER pay attention to what somebody trying to get votes is saying. They will say whatever they have to, whatever they think the voters want to hear, and will make every promise imaginable, in order to do exactly that. Pay attention to what they have done in the past, to what they've said when they WEREN'T looking for votes, to how they've voted. What they have done previously is what got them to where they are, and they aren't going to change that winning formula. They aren't going to just wake up some day and change who they are or what they believe.

Best post of the day.

Rep given.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Bloomington and "progun Democrat"? Sounds like she is trying to drum up support of the surrounding community (mostly Republican, non-student and non-School faculty types), but is riding the Democratic banner to maintain the Bloomington proper base of voters (highly liberal that tend to vote straight ticket).

Met a bunch of folks and used to be a "progun" Democrat. I believe in abortion, stem cell research, gay marriage, more education funding, etc... But I realized that I did not like alot fo the views of the Democrats as a whole (such as gun/crime control, social agenda, etc...), but the religiousness and general "family values" (run amok in the Bush years) soured me on the Repub agenda.

No middle ground, no compromise, nothing out there that won't be a wasted vote. So I vote Republican. I dislike heavily the concept of "lesser evil", but that is how it goes. There is no place in America anymore for the gun toting, non-christian, art loving, Prius wanting nutjobs anymore. :( :D

If the Dems would drop the anti 2A stuff, I'd say their party would strengthen immensely.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    If the Dems would drop the anti 2A stuff, I'd say their party would strengthen immensely.

I would agree, but in a theorhetical sense. The Dems could drop anti-2nd amendment sentiments, but would STILL not be compatible with religious, right wingers. Abortion, stem cells, etc... are things that they support, but will never be agreed upon with the Right.

BUT, it would gain probably the most important (and the thing I agree fully with you on) segment of voters: The middle ground, the no-leaners, the folks that are tired of one party but dont want to waste their vote through apathy or loss-ridden third parties.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Agreed. I am about as moderate as they come, and the biggest complaint I hear from folks about the left is their position on gun control. Obviously this is an important issue to folks or the NRA wouldn't be one of the biggest lobbying organization out there. It seems like it's a losing issue for them, and would better serve their interest to succeed from it.

Top Bottom