• ...and so much more!
  • XDdreams

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    *Update*

Based upon feedback by other members, it could be that the order was flagged by their fraud detection system because I have a vpn. So it is most likely a me problem, and not them. Many members have had positive experiences with them and I trust that.

I will give them another go, minus vpn and look forward to a better experience in the future.

Ordered a few mags with this vendor, order submitted and received order confirmation. Went about my day.

A few hours later I received a email from support saying I needed to prove who I was with a valid photo ID or DL and a piece of mail with my address on it that matches the address on my valid ID/DL immediately, or my order would be canceled.

Never had something like this pop up with any other online vendor I've used.

Will not do business with this company again.

I submitted a similar order with themagshack.com, and no issues or demands for identification given from them.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Bizarre. I’ve placed multiple orders with them flawlessly over the years.

Did you ask why?

Edit: did you ship to a different address like work so you could have somebody there to receive it in person? That could raise a red flag if it’s a first and large order. (Theft)

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    that is weird. like cm, i have ordered an embarassing number of times from them with no issues and nothing like that being requested.

XDdreams

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Billing and shipping addresses matched!

The only thing I can think of us that it does not like how I have my internet at home configured. I run a VPN on the whole household. They have a fraud detection system attached to their payment processing. No other vendor I've ordered from has flagged an order under the same internet configuration circumstances.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Billing and shipping addresses matched!

The only thing I can think of us that it does not like how I have my internet at home configured. I run a VPN on the whole household. They have a fraud detection system attached to their payment processing. No other vendor I've ordered from has flagged an order under the same internet configuration circumstances.
    gotta be related to VPN. I have a handful of orders from the company with zero issues. Fast shipping and good prices.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I was thinking too if they didn't know you weren't in a communist state like CA, NY they could have huge liability issues shipping "high capacity" magazines to a banned state. With the VPN they would have no idea where you actually lived.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yeah, it would be interesting to know where that VPN terminated.

EDIT: if it was a gun UNfriendly state, I could see the flag getting thrown.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    yes, VPNs add different issues. some gun sites won't even accept your connection. Some make you do the CAPTCHA thing several times to connect. I sometimes just give up if I really want to connect.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I would check where your VPN connects to. I know with VPN Unlimited my default connection is Chicago. Though I can change that to any connection point they have through out the world.

XDdreams

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    It is indeed default connected to... Chicago.

This is 100% my failure to realize and comprehend that this would surely mess up the order.

I think we all learned a valuable lesson and by we I mean, me. Don't be a dumb dumb and blame someone else for your failures and jump to conclusions. We were both trying to protect ourselves in different ways.

Top Bottom