• ...and so much more!
  • XDdreams

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    *Update*

Based upon feedback by other members, it could be that the order was flagged by their fraud detection system because I have a vpn. So it is most likely a me problem, and not them. Many members have had positive experiences with them and I trust that.

I will give them another go, minus vpn and look forward to a better experience in the future.

Ordered a few mags with this vendor, order submitted and received order confirmation. Went about my day.

A few hours later I received a email from support saying I needed to prove who I was with a valid photo ID or DL and a piece of mail with my address on it that matches the address on my valid ID/DL immediately, or my order would be canceled.

Never had something like this pop up with any other online vendor I've used.

Will not do business with this company again.

I submitted a similar order with themagshack.com, and no issues or demands for identification given from them.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Bizarre. I’ve placed multiple orders with them flawlessly over the years.

Did you ask why?

Edit: did you ship to a different address like work so you could have somebody there to receive it in person? That could raise a red flag if it’s a first and large order. (Theft)

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    that is weird. like cm, i have ordered an embarassing number of times from them with no issues and nothing like that being requested.

XDdreams

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Billing and shipping addresses matched!

The only thing I can think of us that it does not like how I have my internet at home configured. I run a VPN on the whole household. They have a fraud detection system attached to their payment processing. No other vendor I've ordered from has flagged an order under the same internet configuration circumstances.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Billing and shipping addresses matched!

The only thing I can think of us that it does not like how I have my internet at home configured. I run a VPN on the whole household. They have a fraud detection system attached to their payment processing. No other vendor I've ordered from has flagged an order under the same internet configuration circumstances.
    gotta be related to VPN. I have a handful of orders from the company with zero issues. Fast shipping and good prices.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I was thinking too if they didn't know you weren't in a communist state like CA, NY they could have huge liability issues shipping "high capacity" magazines to a banned state. With the VPN they would have no idea where you actually lived.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yeah, it would be interesting to know where that VPN terminated.

EDIT: if it was a gun UNfriendly state, I could see the flag getting thrown.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    yes, VPNs add different issues. some gun sites won't even accept your connection. Some make you do the CAPTCHA thing several times to connect. I sometimes just give up if I really want to connect.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I would check where your VPN connects to. I know with VPN Unlimited my default connection is Chicago. Though I can change that to any connection point they have through out the world.

XDdreams

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    It is indeed default connected to... Chicago.

This is 100% my failure to realize and comprehend that this would surely mess up the order.

I think we all learned a valuable lesson and by we I mean, me. Don't be a dumb dumb and blame someone else for your failures and jump to conclusions. We were both trying to protect ourselves in different ways.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ljmiddleton3
    Top Bottom