• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    I'm not saying I disagree with all of it but some are vehemently against the suggestion that Stag, RRA, OLY and some of the lower "low end" AR's are lesser than the "high end" ones. I have no dog in the fight as I do not own any of the companies. If I were gonna buy a new one it would be a Stag as they have lefty models.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I've never seen prices on firearms drop significantly. Ammo maybe, not sure. I suspect we're looking at the new normal in terms of price, although the supply/availability may ease.

It's just my opinion though.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    some are vehemently against the suggestion that Stag, RRA, OLY and some of the lower "low end" AR's are lesser than the "high end" ones.

Rob has a T-shirt for those folks:
    Skulls_Final.jpg

:):

Seriously, though. The purpose of "The Chart" and the information it contains have been seriously misconstrued by a lot of folks. It can be a valuable resource, but you have to take it for what it is and not try to read stuff into it that isn't there.

CoyoteCreekGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    New Palestine, IN
    I'd love to say that prices were on the decline, however as an 01-FFL it's virtually impossible to order from the manufacturers or distributors right now, as most of their stock is already allocated to the larger box stores and gun shops.

Until the wholesalers and distributors start having stock that they cannot move, the cost of the firearms will continue to stay high.

A similar scenario exists within the ammo market. Now as we've heard earlier, our neighboring states of IL and OH both have ample supplies of ammo so we may start to see this drop, although I wouldn't expect too much of a drop, more likely just more in-stock.

drd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Westfield
    Many Hoosiers are hoarding. I'll see many posts of people saying a Wal Mart had something like 10 boxes of WWB 9mm, and then say they bought all of them. I've got plenty, but I like to buy a box when I see it for a good deal. I don't ever clean anyone out, unless it is the last box.

I'm not betting on demand slacking, but supply should catch up at some point. There is no benefit to ammo or gun companies to do anything other than maximize production, while demand is hot. It is quick and easy to slow production if demand drops, so its bad business if they don't ramp it up. It is simple capitalism, until Obama screws with it.

Wally world near me had 9,000 rounds of WWB 9 mm Monday AM. Two guys came in and wiped them out. Said they had a machine gun and needed all that ammo for personal use. Hard to believe. People will be as they are but it would be nice if they left a few crumbs on the shelf for those of us that want them for personal use and fun.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Let them buy it. Let them buy it all. It only makes the firearms industry more rich and powerful. That is one industry that I wouldn't mind becoming America's backbone.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Just got back from the Walmart in Noblesville. They had six boxes of Federal 22LR (blue box) for $13 and one Remington 550 for $16. They had zero Mini Mags -- which I've never seen them run out of before -- but sundry 22LR (Winchester, other CCI, etc.) in the little 50 and 100rd packages.

Rather than being a jerk and hording all the milk cartons of 22LR, I took two and left the rest for my shooting brothers and sisters! :)

Of note, they had a sign on the cabinet that said, "Due to ammunition shortages, there is a limit of six boxes on all ammunition sales" -- which I suppose is easily subverted if you come in/out a couple of times. Not sure how strictly they plan to enforce this. They never asked my name, so I think they'll just try to stop someone rolling a cart over there and cleaning them out.

And lastly, if you are looking for 45 GAP, they had enough to liberate a third world country man -- probably 1,000 rounds, easy!

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    I think it is headed back to reality. Hopefully soon, a lot of stuff that shops, etc can't get will be back in stock and things will return to normal until another politician opens their mouth and says something stupid. Oh wait that's everytime they open their mouths about anything.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I'd love to say that prices were on the decline, however as an 01-FFL it's virtually impossible to order from the manufacturers or distributors right now, as most of their stock is already allocated to the larger box stores and gun shops.

Until the wholesalers and distributors start having stock that they cannot move, the cost of the firearms will continue to stay high.

A similar scenario exists within the ammo market. Now as we've heard earlier, our neighboring states of IL and OH both have ample supplies of ammo so we may start to see this drop, although I wouldn't expect too much of a drop, more likely just more in-stock.

Where?

CoyoteCreekGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    New Palestine, IN

I've talked with friends located in both states and they can stop by most any rural store (Rural King/Walmart, etc) and can pick up most anything (9mm, .45, .223, etc) in whatever quantities they would like.

At least that's what I've heard. :dunno:

Uh oh, now everyone is going to be heading over there and purchasing all of theirs too..... Sorry Ohio and Illinois residents...

Duce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Delaware County
    The one thing that worries me is......that when the urbanianas panic and decide they must have a AR15XMGLOCKMANYSHOT and enough ammo to supply the Normandy landing. I figure it's a lot like lemmings head for the ocean. Now though I notice that 30/30 is in short supply..................the Rednecks are getting nervious :eek:......................Well best I can figure is I'll cross those bridges when I get to'em.........God Bless.......:@ya:....<><Duce:

PS....Wonder how much of this shortage is due to the war in Iraq and Afganistan????????

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I've noticed that Strictly Shooting here in Evansville has had a pretty good supply of ARs available as of late. They probably had 7 or 8 in stock a few days ago. Right after the election you couldn't get an AR there unless you came in at just the right time. So maybe the AR market is loosening up some.

Glocks also seem to be a little scarce right now.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I've talked with friends located in both states and they can stop by most any rural store (Rural King/Walmart, etc) and can pick up most anything (9mm, .45, .223, etc) in whatever quantities they would like.

At least that's what I've heard. :dunno:

Uh oh, now everyone is going to be heading over there and purchasing all of theirs too..... Sorry Ohio and Illinois residents...

They may have been here already!
    I found one lonely box of .30-.30. There were some .22s, but not much else. No .308, no .40. I was told they get ONE BOX in at a time. :crying:
    Also, no 9mm, .45, .223 either. The shelves were nearly empty.

glock34

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Fishers
    Sign at Wal-mart

On ammo cabinet at 96st wal-mart
    ammolimit.jpg

I would be more ok if it stated what the limit is. If the guy before you and I get twice as many boxes because he knows the guy at Wal-Mart the sht may hit the fan.

cagilber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    On ammo cabinet at 96st wal-mart
    ammolimit.jpg

I would be more ok if it stated what the limit is. If the guy before you and I get twice as many boxes because he knows the guy at Wal-Mart the sht may hit the fan.

There was a similar sign at the Walmart down here that indicated no more than 2 boxes of each caliber.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yeah, it seems like the AR AK and similar are lasting longer on the
    for sale boards. There was a time when they would be gone within 10 min.
    of posting at higher end prices.

I think everyone is holding on to their hats a little tighter.

Top Bottom