• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    The one thing that worries me is......that when the urbanianas panic and decide they must have a AR15XMGLOCKMANYSHOT and enough ammo to supply the Normandy landing.

I can't help but think you're talking about me :D

Five years ago, I had no idea why anyone would want to own a firearm for anything besides home protection in a restraining order situation or hunting. A year ago, I had no interest in firearms. Around early-summer, I realized that Obammy was gonna win & learned about his lack of respect for the 2nd Amendment. At the same time, I started listening to the truth spoken by Ron Paul & researching our Nation's real history...not the public school crap. To make a long story short, I applied for LTCH in September, bought an SKS @ INDY1500 in November and a XDM40 @ INDY1500 in March. I've even converted my SKS to a folder.

However, the two firearm purchases tapped me out & I'm trying to find ways to buy this ammo y'all have been hoarding :nono:. So don't blame all of us newly-converted city-boys for the ammo prices.

So, here I sit (after putting [112] rounds thru my XDM & [170] rounds thru my SKS) with only [38] rounds of .40 S&W & [80] rounds of 7.62x39mm... Now I have to figure out how to rearrange my budget to buy more ammo & a Tuckable IWB holster :crying:.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I've been buying up ammo when I can only because I want to keep a surplus of at least 1K rounds of each caliber. Right now I'm far short of it and it doesn't help when I trade ammo for guns! :): Especially when I'm trading 9mm for a 9mm Carbine! :laugh:

Right now I'm on the prowl to buy a couple hundred rounds of each and I don't care who makes it. If it's good stuff, it goes to my surplus. If it's wolf, it goes to my target stuff. :dunno: I'm also trying to buy a mag here and there for each gun I have which is a pain because if it's not sold out it's astronomically priced.

I did find a good site with many accessories in stock for cheap. CombatHunting.com has a bunch of good stuff. I just ordered some batteries for my red dot and flashlight, a cheap bayo, and ALMOST bought a laser boresight but backed out before I went hogwild into debt! :):

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I'm trying to buy ammo each paycheck. Problem is that it is simply hard to find. When you do find it you're tempted to buy lots (or all) of it because of how scarce it is right now.

I shot more than 500 rounds of 9mm last Saturday. That alone took half my supply. Now I've got to find some more 9mm locally, which can be tough.

sniper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    Believe me, we are all feeding the monster! We've done what americans do best......panic!

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    Like many of you , I've bought a box or two every other week. Got a 550 rd brick of Rem.22LR(I know, shoots dirty, but works for me) at Rendezvous Guns,812 S. State St., Greenfield last Sat. Their hours are 10-7 tue,fri, and sat. At that time he'd had a few AK + SKS. John Reboulet,owner,repeats what I've read here. He'll get a case of 9 or 45 and 1 or 2 guys come in and buy it all, leave nothing for the box a week guys.KS+E almost always has something in 38, 357, 9 or 12ga. It seems shotgun ammo has been in good supply all this time.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Believe me, we are all feeding the monster! We've done what americans do best......panic!

I agree with you on this point :yesway:

And a week ago I would have said that we are getting close to seeing the 'price bubble' burst and seeing the demand start to fall.

But in the past several days we've had a MASS KILLING in New York and a crazy gun nut who killed several officers in Pennsylvania. Just a couple days before that we saw 4 Oakland police officers shot and killed by a parole violator. And now we are starting to see a media feeding frenzy develop with the talking heads at ABC and CNN demanding more gun control and the reinstatement of the AWB, etc.

If the politicians pick up on this frenzy then the prices will only go higher as more and more people rush to buy what they don't yet have.
    :twocents:

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    It's probably been said, but when you guys go out and shoot, what are you doing with your brass? Like they said in "The Graduate", "One word: Reload." Or at least save that brass to trade to guys that do...but I hear the angst that some of you have about being shut out from supplies of ammo, and it is not an easy time to start reloading. But hey, I was at a surplus store in town and they had 9mm, .45acp, .357, .44mag, brass in quantity....they had cast bullets in those calibers, I even saw lg pistol primers and lg rifle, as well as magnum small pistol...with a press and powder, you could be replenishing your supplies at least.

bRAD

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2009
    I agree. When considering the recent chain of events i think its only logical to assume that prices on ammo will remain high and more than likely increase.

And a week ago I would have said that we are getting close to seeing the 'price bubble' burst and seeing the demand start to fall.

But in the past several days we've had a MASS KILLING in New York and a crazy gun nut who killed several officers in Pennsylvania. Just a couple days before that we saw 4 Oakland police officers shot and killed by a parole violator. And now we are starting to see a media feeding frenzy develop with the talking heads at ABC and CNN demanding more gun control and the reinstatement of the AWB, etc.

If the politicians pick up on this frenzy then the prices will only go higher as more and more people rush to buy what they don't yet have.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

I agree. When considering the recent chain of events i think its only logical to assume that prices on ammo will remain high and more than likely increase.

All we have to do is watch the news to see the buying frenzy pattern.

Just before the election a lot of people realized BHO might get elected. Spike in sales.

Just after the election, even more people realized BHO is a threat to their freedom. BIGGER SPIKE in sales.

Things START to ever so slowly ease up, lowers become somewhat easier to find . . . and then:

Eric Holder, sock puppet Attorney General to BHO, speaks up about an AWB and literally within 72 hours all of the available ammo in common calibers vanished from store shelves, mail order outlets, and wholesaler's back rooms.

So now we have a situation where the press is trying to start up another frenzy. It didn't seem to work with the Mexican Cartel hullaballo, but we've had some mass killings, so maybe the public will react to those? If any of these gain traction with politicians then what few guns are available will vanish from dealer's shelves quickly!!! HOWEVER, if these stories don't gain traction with politicians then I think we may see things calm down slowly in the market.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    IF YOU WANT TO BUY AMMO AT WAL-MART YOU HAVE TO GOTO THE ONE IN WESTFIELD EARLY IN THE MORNING. THEY GET TRUCKS IN EVERY NIGHT . GOOD LUCK

Hey Welcome to INGO!

On web forums, all capital letters are used to denote someone shouting. So when we read your post it comes off as being "loud".

Using the proper upper and lower case typing will help the rest of us read your post and understand its true meaning.

Thanks!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Necro Post....aaaaaaaaaahhh!!
    :runaway:
    (this was such a good read...i just had to bump it

635341177102682276_zpstnzl2p5a.jpg