• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    Drinking followed by shooting guns, is not a good sequence of events. You think it's a good idea? Not saying INGO couldn't have a meet up at a bar, but I wouldn't recommend heading to the range afterwards.

lighten-up-francis-22862786.png

I'd be lying if I said I've never shot at my personal range while having a few beers. I do agree that guns and alcohol in excess don't mix well. There is a personal level of responsibility that I believe most people(on here anyway) are capable of. If you're an abstainer than more power to you. I've been a relatively long time member and continue to be one because as a whole we are a responsible, level headed group.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Told the wife that when I pass on and she auctions off my gun collection to serve my bourbon collection free.:)

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I must confess

Today, I mixed guns and alcohol

I bought some beer a month ago and hadn't seen it since then so I asked my local liquor store beer guy about it and he said there's a reason, they had several bad batches of beer and the fermentation process didn't get killed at the brewery and the longer the beer sat in the cans, the more pressure it caused and they either burst on the shelves or exploded in people's hands when they went to open it. The last beer of the 4 pack I had showed signs of some pressure build up so instead of trying to open and drink it, I shot it.

My pistol and silencer were within a foot of this evil drink.

I am.....a monster

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    If I invite you over to do some shooting and you don't bring me some beer, you don't get invited back over. When the sun goes down and the whiskey comes out guns go night, night. After a few mags of tracers and a few rounds of dragons breath signifying the completion of said events.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Zero policy arguments are unreasonable no matter what the topic. Unless it will kill you the first time I suppose...like drinking Clorox or something.

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can't seem to come to terms with if were I to imbibe 2 beers that my 2A right should magically disappear. Can't believe the framers wanted it that way.

I won't try to fool you into believing though that if a fight broke out there wouldn't be a ton of excrement to deal with if I were to draw.... I may opt for the beating.

I certainly hope I'm not in a pub the day excise decides to make a visit. I'd bet they're not the most pleasant types to deal with.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Unless it will kill you the first time I suppose...like drinking Clorox or something.

Every poison is relative to dosage. I don't know of anything that will kill a human with just one atom, but even water will kill you if you drink enough.

Zero tolerance is really about never having to use judgement.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I can't seem to come to terms with if were I to imbibe 2 beers that my 2A right should magically disappear. Can't believe the framers wanted it that way.

The Framers? The guys that were drinking at breakfast?

https://www.thrillist.com/drink/nation/presidential-drinking-habits-washington-jefferson

George Washington: Boozehound - Reason.com

Why do some think Carrie Nation founded this country? All the anti-booze nonsense was simply a stalking horse for bigotry. Attacking the Irish, Catholic Germans and Italians. Later we'll bootstrap it into hatred of African-Americans and Hispanics.

This is America, it's a party, have a drink.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

https://www.thrillist.com/drink/nation/presidential-drinking-habits-washington-jefferson

Why do some think Carrie Nation founded this country? All the anti-booze nonsense was simply a stalking horse for bigotry. Attacking the Irish, Catholic Germans and Italians. Later we'll bootstrap it into hatred of African-Americans and Hispanics.

He's right you know.....

articles_foundingfathersparty_0-850x477.jpg

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Even the resident tea-totaler agrees.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    George Washington was actually considered to be a bit of light drinker at the time, he only averaged a bottle of wine a day (and regularly carried loaded weapons and long pointy things). His expense account from the war listed regular purchases of Madeira Wine...often by the cask (equal to 700 bottles).

John Adams figured out how to make Rum out of corn stalks during the short altercation that limited their supply from the Caribbean.

Founders consulted - check.

Top Bottom